Inter-Hotel Chaptal
Hotels.com
US$212
  • Pool
US$85
L'Auberge de la Ramberge(Poce-sur-Cisse)
US$43
Bellevue(Amboise)
US$140
US$129
Orbitz.com
Logis Domaine de l'Arbrelle(Amboise)(Great Value!)
US$92
Logis La Breche(Amboise)(Great Value!)
All reviewsbudget hotelfree parkingpastriesgreat buffet breakfastshort walktourist officestaff was friendly and helpfulhard boiled eggscentral locationloire valleywi fiquiet streetenjoyed our stayrental carexcellent locationboxerluggage
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The stay started out great...then things changed. The reception staff was very helpful and made arrangements for us as I messed up the reservation (accidentally made for two instead of three, but they accomadated us).
All great until the second evening. We bought some bread, cheese and sausage at the local market (which were all awesome!) and brought it all back to the hotel to eat. We apparently made a very grave mistake by using a table in what we thought was the common area to eat our food. After we had been there for over 30 minutes, enjoying our tasty treats, we were very rudely yelled at by a "gentleman" who I believe to be one of the owners. Then his partner came by to again tell us how "incedeble" it was that we would even think that it was ok to use a table in the common/breakfast area to eat.
We have stayed in numerous hotels throughout Europe and have never been treated like this. Every hotel we have ever been at is amenable to guests using tables in the common area for eating, drinking, playing cards, whatever. However, at the Inter-Hotel Chaptal it is a most grievous offence.
I simply cannot believe how rudely we were treated for using a table and two glasses (which we asked to use). It simply blows my mind that they got so upset about this. We were sitting at this table for a half hour, and no one said it was not allowed. There were no signs, etc. saying the area was for breakfast only. We did not make a mess and cleaned up after ourselves. However, they acted as though we were barbarians who have no concept of how civilized people behave.
Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. Unbelievable how rudely we were treated. I am at a loss for words. If we had any indication that using a table and a few glasses was not allowed we gladly would have not done so and went to our room to eat (which, according to our host, is the only place you are allowed to do so).
I cannot not recommend highly enough.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
ambchap37, Propriétaire at Inter-Hotel Chaptal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear guest, Thank you for your comment. I wish to give you my point of view. In the first place, during your check-in, you didn't tell us that you made a mistake : You told us it was Booking's fault. In spite of the fact that the hotel is complete, we found a solution and give you a room. Secondly, concerning your "dinner" in the room of breakfasts, that's not exactly what happened: you did not ask if you could take a table (already ready for the breakfast), but our team found you there. In front of that, and that never happened to us such a situation, she informed you clearly that it was not allowed, for health issue, and specified you that the reception closed at 21:00, you had to leave in the meantime. You suggest that our employee lies to us, we have very fortunately cameras which allowed us to assure us her sincerity. Upon our arrival, we informed to you that it was not made and that yes it is incredible to behave so: the space breakfast is as its name indicates it made available to our customers who have breakfast: our customers wish a clean place for the breakfast, and that's why the breakfast area is close during the day. You can find a fridge in your room, and we allowed our guest to eat in their room. Regarding the Wifi, next time please tell us, and we'll help you to connect you. Kind Regard, Chaptal's team.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

When in Amboise, you won't find a more hospitable, clean and inexpensive hotel than Hotel Chaptal. The two guys who bought the place 7 months ago have taken excellent condition of the property. The daily breakfast is well worth the 12 Euros. I found my room to be clean, the bathroom of sufficient size. I specifically asked for a quiet room and got one with a view from the back of the hotel. I slept well all the nights I was there.

Room Tip: If you ask for a quiet room, the owners will be sure to accomodate.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
ambchap37, Directeur général at Inter-Hotel Chaptal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Ron,
I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent experience with us.
We do conduct regular price comparisons with other leading Hotels and Restaurants in the area, to ensure that our Bar is priced as competitively as possible.
We hope to see you again
Benoit et son équipe

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We were looking for a budget hotel in a great location. This hotel did both; however, the hotel has no elevator. The parking is free, but several blocks away. The drain in the bathroom did not drain, even though we told housekeeping. Next time, we will stay else ware and pay more money.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
ambchap37, Directeur général at Inter-Hotel Chaptal, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
It's very helpfull to have a car park, even if it is a few minutes at walk.
We have no lift, but we are here to help you if you need.
I hope to have an other opportunity.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We very much enjoyed our stay at Hotel Chaptal during our recent trip to France. Their location was excellent--close to shopping, the Tourist Office and the Loire River and farmers' markets. Our room was small but well-organized with an interesting window view of the surrounding neighborhood. Breakfast was pretty basic--cereal, pastries, hard-boiled eggs, etc. Staff was friendly and helpful with information, taxi reservations, and storing our luggage.. Great boxer puppy to meet and greet visitors in the lobby! Would definitely recommend for lodging in Amboise!

Room Tip: they all seemed about the same to me
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
ambchap37, Directeur général at Inter-Hotel Chaptal, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Carolyn,
Thanks a lot for your positive comment and your recommendation to other guests.
Our location in Amboise puts us next to so many things to see and do.
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Wanted to like this hotel more since the owner is just so friendly, funny and helpful. But stepping back and being objective ...

Pros:
- affordable
- free parking available ~ 200 m away (which was fine for us - after all, it's free!)
- well located ... although Amboise is so small, isn't everything well located??
- friendly and funny owner

Cons:
- wifi barely worked; told me the modem needed to be restarted + only allowed me to log in once ~ 20 minutes
- shower drain was plugged; it's a stand up shower basin that is really small and very quickly, the basin filled up with water ... that's one way to limit the hot water usage! I had to turn off the water multiple times while washing my hair just to ensure the shower basin didn't over fill.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
ambchap37, Directeur général at Inter-Hotel Chaptal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit.
I'm happy that you enjoyed the professionalism of the hotel staff, and I'm truly sorry to hear that your time with us was less than stellar.
Our technical services are advised of your disappointment regarding the WIFI connection. Fortunately, solutions are brought to us very regularly in order to satisfy the ever increasing number of users of social networks.
We hope to see you soon.