“Great food, adequate service, ridiculously expensive for a plate of pasta”
Review of The Pasta Factory

The Pasta Factory
Ranked #27 of 2,530 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$11 - US$39
Description: The Pasta Factory is an independent fresh handmade pasta shop & restaurant in Manchester (UK). We offer authentic Italian pasta recipes cooked using only high quality fresh products. At The Pasta Factory we only serve Italian D.O.C. wines and hand-crafted beers. In addition, we also sell the same quality products used by our chefs.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

First things first. On arrival, middle aged bloke dining alone, for no reason I was asked to wait to be shown to a table in a restaurant half full at best. I was given a menu and left. Younger lone female who came in just after was whisked to table of her choice, given an enthusiastic description of the specials and treated as a customer should be. Waiting staff are male. Just saying.

Food was excellent - beautiful tasty pasta, can't fault it. But blisteringly expensive. £26.50 for half a draught beer, a plate of pasta and a glass of the only red they sell by the glass is way over the top!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I visited with a friend on Saturday. The restaurant was pretty full but we managed to get a table without any problem. Our waiter, Fabio, was really friendly and helpful and asked about dietary requirements and what we liked to eat.

I ordered the Sicilian fritters to start, which were excellent. Then the mushroom ravioli came which tasted fantastic but it was such a small portion it could have been another starter. What really impressed me though was the hand made vegan cheese. It was simply gorgeous!!!

My friend said the same about her food (I can't remember what she ordered) - she really enjoyed what she ordered but the portions were too small and she's not a big eater.

So, everything ticks the boxes but I don't expect to leave a table in a restaurant still hungry and although I'm loathe to say it, I probably won't return.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my other half ate here before a show at the arena as it was close (and Italian/pasta is my favourite!) we are not local so just found this place using trip advisor. I have to say we weren’t disappointed. We had 3 lovely courses of fresh and delicious food. They have kept the menu simple and done it well. I haven’t had food that tasted that fresh in a long time. The staff were all very attentive and were constantly moving around serving people (no layabouts here!) I’m gutted that it’s in Manchester and we are in sheffield as we would most certainly go back here many times.

1  Thank Balyssia
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Assomeone who rarely chooses pasta ata restaurant due to it kften being unapetizing and boring i was pleasantly surprised by pasta factorys offerings. I had the mushroom filled pasta with truffle oil which was delicious . Infact all our group enjoyed tasty pasta and friendlg attentive staff.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We went for the first time tonight and I loved it before the first course arrived, really friendly and welcoming, then the food came and I fell again, fantastic food, quality pasta. Great for vegetarians and vegans.

1  Thank Sezmo83