“Great, healthy cafe with lots of veggie/vegan options”
Review of Ezra & Gil

Ezra & Gil
Ranked #4 of 148 Quick Bites in Manchester
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Pros: atmosphere, portion size, bread, veggie options
cons: eggs, coffee

The Chai latte and stuffed zucchini are incredible!

* * * * Smoked Salmon on rye - good flavour, dill kept it fresh, Very rich, generous portion
* * * * Smashed Avocado on Toast (added halloumi) - good flavour, could have been a larger portion
* * * Ezra and Gil full breakfast - fine but standard, bread was excellent, eggs bland
* * * * Ezra and Gill veggie breakfast - the stuffed zucchini/courgette is fabulous, bread was excellent, eggs were bland
* * Espresso
* * Latte
* * * * * Chai Latte

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Love the decor and the interior- first thing I noticed, really lovely. Lots of choice and options on the menu. Bit of an abrupt waitress who didn't make us feel welcome. However, the rest of the staff were polite and helpful. The food was flavoursome and I would recommend the avocado on sourdough which was fabulous!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Really lovely here, lots of options on the menu, nice and spacious too. I would go hear again and would also recommend it to friends

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I visited Ezra and Gil with my partner. The interior is really cool. Nice floor boards and exposed brickwork. However, I went to the counter to order and the lady was quite abrupt and extremely unfriendly. The coffee is good but way overpriced compared to other coffee shops in the northern quarter. My partner and I did not feel particularly welcomed and due to the price will not return. There are much friendlier and better value coffee shops in the northern quarter.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I can see why this place is rated so highly now. After spending a day in Manchester trying to find a nice cafe, we finally stumbled upon this gem.

We arrived at 8am on a Saturday and they were open, which is a huge bonus. I'll never understand why most of England open around 10am.

Atmosphere is wonderful and if you manage to get there between 8-9am then it's quiet and not many people. The decor is very homely and welcoming which was really nice after strolling around Manchester. The staff were quick and polite, and provided suggestions on the menu which was amazing.

The food itself was delicious! I would highly recommend getting the classic or Avo on sourdough (both were so good!). The food came quick, was hot and had a lot of flavour. Which only added to the already awesome atmosphere.

Coffee wise it's 'ok', however not being a huge coffee person myself, that didn't matter to me. Might just be an FYI for people that really love coffee and chose places based on coffee alone.

Overall, definitely a place to visit and not miss out on! 9.5/10.