“Still unsure about this place”
Review of Turtle Bay

Turtle Bay
Ranked #177 of 2,534 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Caribbean Influenced Jerk, Rum & Reggae all the way! Happy hour everyday from 11:30 until 19:00 & 21:30 until close - Sunday to Thursday and 11:30 until 19:00 & 22:00 until close on Friday & Saturday - 241 on all Caribbean Cocktails
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Visited a couple of times and can't make my mind up - Came with my boyfriend for food an cocktails, both were good, not many veggie options. Enjoyed our night, good music and nice service. However, I visited again and found the bar staff SO rude, spoke about me whilst I was still at the bar and didn't offer any alternative when the drink I wanted couldn't be made as they had ran out of an ingredient... Won't rush back again.

manturtlebay, Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Hi Sophie,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, I'd love to hear more about this experience if you could drop me an email at manchester@turtlebay.co.uk

Thank you for all your help and I'm glad you enjoyed our cocktails :)

Best wishes

Senior Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,365)

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Turtle Bay is one of my favourite restaurants, I come to this particular one maybe 5 times a year. I have to say the service was unusually poor and slack. Quiet evening but hubby still had to visit the bar to collect drinks ordered at table as staff were nowhere to be seen and when they appeared, they seemed to be more interested in chatting together. We also had to flag different servers down to order food. Shame as when it’s busy here the service is better?!? Food was great though.

manturtlebay, Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Hi Lucie,

I'm very sorry to hear all about this, if you would like to get in contact with me so I can investigate further that would be great. Send us an email to manchester@turtlebay.co.uk and I'll be more than happy to help.

Turtle Bay Manchester Oxford Road

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Although the cocktails here are relativity inexpensive, you do pay for what you get. Not too bad on the whole, but if you would like real cocktails then probably not the right bar for you.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to review us, It's a shame your not a massive fan. Don't forget you can always ask for any recommendations that may help you choose the best one.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

After much deliberation between different restaurants, we had chose Turtle Bay for my birthday weekend meal. We had been here before a couple of years ago and the food was amazing so thought it would be a pretty safe bet. Love the vibe in Turtle Bay but unfortunately this time the food and service was a let down. Do not order the Chicken wrap (sounds amazing and flavoursome on the menu).. I have never eaten anything as tasteless in my life. I could have made a more tasty chicken wrap myself which of course is not what you eat out for. Secondly the waitress we had seemed arrogant, and not fully paying attention to to us. As the cocktails were 2 for 1, I kindly asked if I could have one now before the meal and the second a little later. She told me I couldn’t do that as the bar was too busy and also both cocktails have to be the same. Working in customer service myself I know how much customers appreciate it when you go above and beyond.
Ordered dessert which again was nothing special.
Overall will not return to this particular Turtle Bay. Just disappointed as it was so lovely last time.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us, I am truly sorry for your evening I would like to hear more about this experience and investigate if you have the opportunity to send me an email.

Please send it to manchester@turtlebay.co.uk and I'll be sure to get in contact with you straight away.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

As a solo diner looking for somewhere different to eat I found this treasure. Although it was early evening it had a very warm welcome and staff buzzed with energy and enthusiasm,. Menu prices are exceptionally good value and it was difficult to choose from the extensive menu. I styled for the goat curry which was full of flavour . My waiter ‘Keeney’ assisted me with his vast knowledge of all the runs that were available and I chose two very different tastes. A splendid finish to a very different and enjoyable meal that was realistically priced.

manturtlebay, Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Hi,

Thank you for such a kind review, I am very glad you enjoyed your visit here with us and I'll make sure I pass on all feedback too Jake (Keeny).

I hope we get to see you again soon, make sure you download our APP which lets you collect Turtles and use them to spend here.