4,529 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies city cafe train station on arrival free wifi canal street manchester piccadilly excellent hotel modern hotel mini bar business trip hotel bar breakfast was excellent central location saturday night stayed for one night
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Chose this hotel for our first stay in Manchester because of its proximity to the train station (we were travelling on Britrail passes) & great rates (compared to London at least). Came to visit Belle Vue Speedway (20 minutes away on the train) & the National Football Museum (20 minutes walk from hotel).
What we liked: (1) proximity to train station & to the central business/shopping district - which we were able to walk to in ~10 minutes; (2) friendly & helpful service staff; (3) canal views; (4) great food at the in-house restaurant (Store Street Exchange); & (5) clean & tidy rooms (if a little dated).
The only major detraction for us was the noisy air conditioning, which didn't make for a great sleep, especially on the first night when I thought we had an insect trapped in the aircon. Given that nobody else seems to have mentioned it in recent reviews, you might think that we were just unlucky - except that as soon as I mentioned it to the front desk staff, they knew exactly what I was talking about (which suggests that this wasn't an isolated incident). To their credit, they sent a maintenance person to install a new part in the pump, which made little, if any difference. Other than that, we found the positioning of some the electric plugs could have been better.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
RobertF5122, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Kiwi_Flyer-BF, Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read your comments regarding the location of the hotel; friendly and helpful staff; canal views; food and Store Street Exchange restaurant and cleanliness of the rooms. However, it saddens me, that we did not meet all your expectations on this occasion. Thank you for all your suggestions. I can assure you it has been communicated with relevant department, as we are continuously working on improving our hotel to ensure our guests have a memorable experience. Your review will help us with that! We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Best wishes, Robert

Reviewed 7 September 2018

I recently stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Manchester Piccadilly on a business trip for a five night visit. The hotel is situated literally less than five minutes walk from Piccadilly Station, quite convenient and well-located for a business or leisure trip. Nearby pubs and food are readily available, as are buses, cabs and the city tram.

Upon my Sunday afternoon arrival I was greeted by a welcoming staff who quickly checked me in and in no time I was in the room I requested online, upper floor, away from the elevator. My room was clean, well-appointed and looked out over the entry road to the nearby train station. One of the smaller windows in the room opens to allow in fresh air and the sound of the city.

A minor housekeeping snafu might have derailed my visit, however, once I notified the front desk, the problem was quickly rectified. When you visit, notice the card on your desk. It says "If you're not satisfied with your stay, let us know and we'll MAKE IT RIGHT." Mr. Morton, the Front of House Manager, contacted me directly via email to ensure afterwards that things had been cared for to my satisfaction.

The king bed in my room was clean and fresh with four thick pillows. Air conditioning (and heat!) during the wavering September Manchester temperatures kept the room comfortable at all times. Bath amenities are by Crabtree & Evelyn, an award-winning London company, specializing in fragrances and body care products and quite recently servicing the hospitality industry.

In the lobby area, a bar area for after work drinks is situated, and nearby that is the Store Street Exchange restaurant. I ordered "The Classic" burger one evening via room service and it arrived hot and fresh, in far less time than I had been promised. Another evening I sampled the tuna mayonnaise and the baked ham sandwiches, both were fabulous!

Behind the building, on the southern side, is an outdoor area where you can enjoy the weather, passing foot traffic, and your favorite cold beverage.

While my work week was quite difficult, the staff at the DoubleTree ensured I was comfortable and well taken care of. My business with a local establishment will bring me back to Manchester multiple times in the upcoming 18 months. I look forward to returning to the hospitality I found at the Double Tree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly.

I highly recommend you visit if your travels take you to Manchester!

Room Tip: Upper floor, away from the elevators
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Robert F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Craig C, Thank you for posting this amazing review following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and Manchester. I am delighted to read all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Best wishes, Robert

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is a stones throw away from the station so the location is ideal.

I regularly stay at a Hilton in London but I must say my stay in Manchester exceeded my expectations and experience prior.

We left our cases at the concierge in the morning prior to going to a conference and I liked that our cases were sent to our room ready for our return. Check in was speedy, courteous and efficient and our room was lovely.

Our evening meal and breakfast was of high quality too.

Couldn’t fault our stay and I would certainly return. Just need the London Hilton’s to catch up with this level of service!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Liz G, Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. I am delighted to receive your feedback regarding our location, check-in, your room and food. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future. Kind regards, Robert

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I have just stayed here again for a couple of nights, it’s always consistently great and is in such a perfect location beside the station, I would only have good things to say. However it just took on a whole new level of superb...I have just had the most unbelievably wonderful service ever ! I left my laptop in my room ( I hadn’t noticed)and had 6 minutes before my train left when I got a call from the lovely Emilia in housekeeping. An equally delightful receptionist whose name I sadly don’t have, actually ran across to meet me with it with 3 minutes to spare. This has completely saved me from a total nightmare and I can’t begin to thank them enough. I am astonished at this brilliant service with a smile, way beyond the call. Just top class customer care .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Fiona D, Thank you for your review and loyalty. I am very pleased you found our service to be top class. I am delighted we were able to deliver your laptop on time!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We stayed here in May whilst going to see Ed Sheeran, lovely hotel, friendly staff. Perfect location for the train station a,d the Etihad stadium. Breakfast was lovely. Great price for the quality of the hotel. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jackie C, Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and found our staff to be friendly. I am delighted you enjoyed the breakfast and were satisfied with the location of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Best wishes, Robert