“Great veggie breakfast!”

Ranked #186 of 2,435 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The most famous cafe bar in Manchester. We serve great British staples and the best breakfasts, brunch, lunch & dinner in the Northern Quarter. Casual dining at its best. We serve booze from 10am until 11pm, we play BBC 6 music religiously and turn into an amazing bar in the evenings, serving the best and cheapest cocktails and beer you'll find. We also have a great happy hour 3pm - 9pm each day which offer 2-4-1 cocktails, £3 pints and free snacks! Wednesday 50% off all evening food Thursday 10p chicken wings all night!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came here with my dad whilst he was visiting me in Manchester - had been walking for about 45 mins looking for somewhere with availability and found this gem. Quick service, friendly and helpful staff and GREAT veggie breakfast. Veggie sausages some of the best I have tasted. Definitely will be returning.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff is wonderful and excels on customer delight. Had a pastrami sandwich with hot wings. Hot wings are, indeed, not for the weak.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Visited a couple of weeks ago with a friend as she said it was great. I travelled from Bolton specifically to go for a late lunch with her at the Koffee Pot.

I chose the vegetarian breakfast, and her the rarebit with bacon. Hers looked and smelled delicious - she was really pleased. My breakfast was small (as other reviewers have commented). The price point of £8 per breakfast is what I would expect for a larger meal. I hadn't eaten during the morning to leave space for what I thought would be a larger fry up, and was left still hungry afterwards.

The vegetarian sausages weren't great. I was pleased that they serve actual vegetable sausages, rather than Quorn etc, but they are rather bland.

Bread that came with the breakfast wasn't great quality. There is the option to upgrade to sourdough bread for extra - normal higher quality bread would be nice as an option. I wasn't asked whether I wanted butter or margarine. Overall, the breakfast was reasonable.

The service is rather poor. I had to go up to the bar and see where our hot drinks had got to. Further, nobody came to our table throughout our meal to ask if we needed anything. I had to go up to the bar twice to get extra drinks.

The waitress initially gave us the wrong bill. This was easily remedied but evidences the fact that there do seem to be some problems with the service.

We were in at about 2pm and people around us were having several pints. I know that this part of the package with this bar/cafe, but I wasn't hugely happy about being surrounded by beer while I enjoyed my latte. This may not bother most, but it has a bit of a Wetherspoons feel about it in that sense.

I would possibly pay another visit if I was passing, but I wouldn't go out of my way to visit again.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic breakfasts and brunches.

Not for someone if they want big crap quality brekkie but each individual element is really tasty.

Only issue for me is stop charging extra for mushrooms! They are one of the cheapest things on the plate.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Visited for breakfast late on a Saturday morning. Very busy and had to wait for a table. Had a traditional English breakfast.
Good traditional food in a fairly basic but nice setting which had a good atmosphere. Good portions and came with free toast.
Service was good and friendly and reasonably priced. Value for money and would visit again.