US$232
US$86
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
6,014 results
All reviewsmanchester airportstayed herean early flightshuttle servicecourtesy buscourtesy phonenext morningdays parkingcar parkingan overnight staypre flight staypark and flyfamily roomone night staychecking incheck in was quickgood nights sleep
Reviewed 1 May 2018

This is a great location if you are flying out of Manchester ,but its also a great hotel on itts own right ,facilities are first class ,staff are friendly and very professional.The hotel was spotless and my room was perfect .Thanks for a great time

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick F
GuestRelationsMCR, Assistant Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Rick F,

Thank you for the lovely review and comments. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at Clayton hotel Manchester Airport and the friendly interactions with the Teams.
We hope you have time to come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel 100% to anyone for any purpose. I stayed here for a week on business travel and my stay couldn’t have been better. The service is great and the staff are really friendly from check-in to the waitors to the cleaners. There are a couple of restaurants with some nice food, not a vast menu but what was on it was of great quality in my opinion. There is a large sports bar with good food and also a section with games such as pool and video games and a small play area for kids if you are here with your children. Rooms are ideal for staying here on business or the night before you fly out and they are spotless.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank grantacunningham

Dear grantacunningham,

Thank you for the lovely review and comments. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at Clayton hotel Manchester Airport and all we have to offer our guests. We hope during your week you managed to try the majority of the menu items and if not on your next visit try the reminder.

We hope you have time to come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

This was our first visit to this hotel we normally stay at the Premier Inn and we will return in the future.

We enjoyed our stay the room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable and the hotel is so close to all the terminals .

The evening meal was very good (we chose the 2 course special menu) and the breakfast was also very good.

The free shuttle to the terminal was also a bonus .

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SolyMar57

Dear SolyMar57,

Thank you for the great review and comments. We are so happy you enjoyed the Clayton while you were with us and the free shuttle service we offer our guests.

We hope you have time to return to us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Fire Escape information on the inside of the door seemed incomplete. I had checked my exit routes in the event of emergency, if you are staying here you may want to do the same, and you may want to confirm it complies with FireCode for the UK.
Wi-Fi is intermittent
Black out from curtains is excellent
Lighting in the room isn't great
Food at buffet breakfast is plentiful but not particularly special, and seems expensive at £12.50

This is not a cheap hotel and I am reviewing it as such. It's unique selling point is that it is within walking distance of aeroplanes flying in and out of Manchester. Accordingly the soundproofing should be much more effective than it is. There was a lot of discussion about whether I would prefer ground or first floor rooms when I checked in. I am indifferent to this normally, but checkin team advised me that first floor rooms are quieter. Possibly from road traffic, but that's not the principal source of noise at an airport.

My main concern was service. I booked through a third party site, with the arrangement to pay at check in. When I got there the price was a different one to the one quoted by the booking site. I showed them the confirmation email and the Clayton team stuck to the principal of "not my monkeys, not my problem". While it probably isn't their responsibility, there was no sense of customer service being used to solve my problem and leave me no worse off. I gave them a couple of options to resolve it and they looked incredulously at me and asked "why didn't you book it directly with us" and "why should we give you something for someone else's mistake?"

Why indeed. It was someone else's mistake and the effort to rectify it would inconvenience me, meantime for very little effort on the part of Clayton Group they could save me the inconvenience. They had the opportunity to encourage me to stay in a Clayton hotel again if I had a choice - and they did not take it.

Room Tip: try to avoid rooms near the aeroplanes
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank murnauontour
Management response:Responded 2 May 2018

Dear Mr Murray,

Many thanks for taking the time and leaving us a review.

We have our Fire Risk Assessments done on a yearly basis and we are in line with all the legislations etc. All the Fire Escape routes in the bedrooms are certainly correct and I am not sure what you mean by your comments.

My colleagues remember this particular issue with your room. My colleague came out and explained to you that you booked your room online and would need to contact them directly to dispute the rate you booked. This is what any other hotels would do as it is not a direct booking. You were also upgraded to a superior room by my kind colleagues.

We are a first class first service hotel and we take pride in the service we offer. We do our utmost for all our guests to accommodate all their needs and offer a pleasant stay which we achieve most of the time. I am sorry that you feel the service we offer wasn't acceptable.

Once again many thanks for your time

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Food took along time to come , ignorant waiters and waitress.sides come after my main .

They don’t seem to be able to cope with simple demands even when they write it down .
The room is tidy and clean .
The only redeeming quality is the breakfast because they don’t have to handle it it’s self serve .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear bdam1mm,

Thank you for the review and comments. We are disappointed to read about the issues you faced in the Food and Beverage outlets while staying with us at the Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport.

I have passed on your comments to the Food and Beverage Manager to investigate and review with his team during shift so we can improve on this for the future. We hope that everything else about your stay was better and that you have time to return to us again in the future.