“Unsatisfactory”

The Foundation Coffee House
Ranked #40 of 102 Coffee & Tea in Manchester
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Came in for a cocktail... Thought the coffee house itself was quirky and a nice place to sit for maybe a couple of hours. Ordered my drink, employee didn't know the price list, so kept looking behind herself to check the price of my drink. Charged me £7.50 for the Caipirinha, which I thought was okay until I realised I had been over charged by £0.50 but by then I had drank half the drink. The waitress did say the drink would be 10 minutes - which I do not understand as when the drink came over it was not much bigger than the sugar jar (see image). Overall, disappointed and wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Pretty near impossible, based on our stupifyingly grim experience today. The longest wait ever for a bunch of over priced, tepid, grim tasting drinks, the grimmest bunch of staff who couldn't give a toss about their customers if they tried. My Single worst coffee moment ever, and there's been a few...and the feedback here is depressingly consistent. Don't they ever read this stuff?

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Visited The Foundation Coffee House today and was highly impressed. We initially ordered a Flat White and a cortado, which I have to say is amongst the best coffee I have tasted. I say "initially" as we ended up getting 3 rounds it was that good!!

The staff were friendly and happy to help, providing excellent and quick service, in particularly the blonde girl on the till today was excellent.

The location and interior was also very modern and had a relaxed vibe which is always good for a coffee shop.

Also, their prices are competitive which is also an advantage and have an extensive menu.

We will be returning to Manchester to visit again!

2  Thank jyates16
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Best flat white I have had in a very long time. And I drink out regularly.

Not tried anything else but definitely coming back

1  Thank senders8
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Waited 15 minutes for a strange bitter tasting coffee. Menu looked great but were then told they weren’t serving food anymore -this was about 3pm so well within serving hours. Tables were also grubby.

Redeeming features:

Waitress was very friendly.

Great location and interior -lots of space and places to use laptops/tablets. Shame about the food and drink side!

I won’t be returning -there is a lot of competition in the NQ so they really need to up their game!