“Lovely food, ok service”
Review of Babar Elephant

Babar Elephant
Ranked #15 of 190 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Opened 21st July 2010
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Brought our parents here for a meal as they have recently moved to Morecambe. The food was really good, all cooked perfectly, very tasty and clearly good quality meats. It seemed expensive for what it was, but maybe that's the norm up in Morecambe.
Service was ok, could have been better, had a fair wait for drinks from ordering, the poppadums had been put on the table and we were eating and I had to ask again about the drinks.
Funny thing when we were ordering I asked for a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and the waiter asked if I wanted white or red. Not only needs a bit of training, but his attitude was a bit abrupt when I said that I had specifically asked for "blanc" not cabernet!

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (649)

Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

Omg. What can I say about this place. First it's a fake. The chef is from Bangladesh, the owner is from Bangladesh and they are branding themselves has a Indian restaurant.

*****Please watch your bill..******

They love to over charge people when you dine in. The menu says one price and the till or bill says another.

This happend to me, and I complained and they said the menu they showed me was the takeway menu. It did not say that any where. Please be careful if you don't want to be overcharged.

The food is not freshly cooked, being Indian myself I can tell. It's reheated rubbish.

It's not covid friendly. The tables are wiped with just water and feel all sticky, the staff walk around with half mask's not covering themselves, they are all suffering from
excessive sweating because the air conditioning does not work or is not installed.

Reviewed 7 August 2021

got a take away 2 meals were fine mine was a dopiazza It was like a dessert, sweet think chef mixed up the salt and sugar. Put me off ordering from here again.

Reviewed 4 August 2021

Absolutely brilliant food.
Only visiting Morecambe for the night however would definitely return for this restaurant!
Delicious food and extra friendly/polite staff.

Reviewed 19 July 2021

What a find, booked after reading reviews and have to say they didn't quite fully do it justice, you have to go to fully appreciate how amazing this place is. Very welcoming, polite, friendly and jokingly staff which was a treat. Brilliant menu plenty of choices from traditional to chefs recommendations. we were a party of 4 and all chose different options for starter and main. The portions were more than enough and each were full of chosen meat/fish option and flavoured to perfection with each course coming at just the right time after the previous one. Cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough and if we return to the area again from Mansfield it will definitely be the 1st placed booked for an evening meal.

Date of visit: July 2021