All reviews warwick castle family room hotel is situated plenty of parking comfortable stay an evening meal pleasant staff stratford upon avon stayed here for one night tea and coffee town centre breakfast was excellent sainsburys
Reviewed 18 November 2015

Stayed here twice now.
Rooms are the usually Holiday Inn style and the paid Wifi is good.
Breakfast is nice with a great selection of options.
Although there are places close by to go out and eat, the major drawback about this hotel is that it is a bit too far from Leamington Town centre.
I was here on business and had to either get a Cab or drive into town each day. It was almost always a Cab as the client would often ask me to go for a drink.
There is a bar with a fairy standard selection of drinks.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Wilma O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2015

Dear Pari_Wright,

Thank you for your comments. However I do have to challenge some of them which is not something I enjoy doing.

I can confirm that we did indeed last night have an issue with our TV system. The fault occurred at 5.15pm. We did our best to get an engineer out but as you can appreciate at that time of the evening it was impossible. Re the communcation there were notices put up on the reception desk and on the bar and in the restaurant. Every guest who came in or past the reception desk was informed of the situation. We offered a free pay movie as a gesture of goodwill until we could rectify the situation with the televisions. Whilst I appreciate you comments regarding when you rang down to reception i would dispute that any of my team would say "we are too busy". The reason for this is that I myself was on the desk of some of last evening, and I can assure you that this did not happen. The hotel was indeed very busy - but we are never too busy for our guests. I apologise for not having your "goodies" every day and having to use your free drinks voucher to get the water that would have been in your pack. I will address this issue with the team today.

Again thank you for taking the time after leaving the hotel to write a review so quickly.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 November 2015

What makes this hotel stand out from its 'off-the-shelf' heritage is the staff. From the waiter who wrote nothing down and got a three-course meal for three absolutely correct (including some menu alterations by a fussy customer, i.e. me!) to the barmaid who made us feel very much at home. The food was very good which, again, is not always the case in the standard hotel model nowadays.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2015

Last time I stayed here was a couple of years ago when it was awful in all aspects.
However, the rooms have been refurbished and the bathroom was excellent.
The breakfast was a great improvement and was very good.
However, after the last time I decided to eat out at the local gastropub, so i did not try the evening meal

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Geordievette
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2015

Dear Geordievette,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. I am glad you regarded the improvements with our rooms, bathrooms and breakfast selections. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed in a family room (2 double beds) on initial entry the room was modern and clean. On closer inspection the room had not been cleaned to an adequate standard, the toilet rim was dirty, traces of pubic hairs on the floor and on taking the kettle out it had what looked like the contents of cold tea. The cleaning inspection/standards leaved a lot to be desired. Breakfast seemed very confused but staff pleasant.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Wilma O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Dear Helen P,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am to read your review. I have sent your review to our housekeeping manager as this is completely not appropriate.

If you would like to contact me direct we can discuss I would appreciate talking to you.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Hotel was nice, food was nice too. My partner and I met a friend who was a guest at the hotel and we had a good catch up and a meal together. That was the end of the fun.

I can not comment strongly enough on how I feel regarding this.

Parking eye rip you off and Holiday Inn will not help. I genuinely didn't see a parking meter of any form, nor any signs as it was dark. I would have paid parking, but as a guest of the hotel I didn't for one moment think that there'd be 9 months of grief. I offered to pay for the time that I was there, this was not good enough. "Not our problem" said Holiday Inn.

After many a letter and email, (and me following the correct appeals procedure) they have illegally taken me to court and issues me a fine of £200, and a CCJ, which now will affect my credit rating and I will now suffer financially.

It's an absolute disgrace and people just don't want to know. So if you do have to use the Holiday Inn, for god's sake make sure you pay, whether you're a guest or not. Myself and my company will NEVER use this scandalous organisation again.

Be warned

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank michelle m

Dear michelle m,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review on the hotel. Although it is mainly centred around Parking Eye.

Just to confirm - there are 14 signs in the car park from entering the driveway to entering the front door. As you come in through the double doors there is a further two signs which inform guests to register their vehicles. One of which is on the actual door that you would push to come into the hotel. The vestibule area where these signs are is very well lit. All the signs on the car park are under lights also. There are terminals on the desk for guests to enter their registration numbers. Had this happened no penalty would have been imposed.

Once again thank you for taking the time.

Regards