“Excellent stay, very comfortable, well equipped.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Our Hereford suckler herd
Valentine in hut hut with a coplimentary bottle of champagne and breakfast to cook for yourselves.
Lambing has started 2014!
Poppy's pups! feb 2014
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
BHF_12
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay, very comfortable, well equipped.”
Reviewed 28 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Excellent 4 night stay, very relaxing and quiet, very comfortable bed and well equipped. Would recommend this to anyone who was thinking about booking.

Liked best: Everything.
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ugnuts
“Loved the hut, didn't love the location”
Reviewed 2 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

I should start this review of by saying it's a tough one for me to write as the hut and the host are both lovely, but there are some negatives which I felt needed pointing out so others dont get any surprises...

The positive first : The hut is lovely. It's very well maintained and appointed. It has everything you might need for a lovely stay : comfy bed, fridge, gas cooker, very nice bathroom and a little table to eat at. It really is a very nice hut.

The negatives : Unfortunately the pictures on the listing are a little bit misleading imo in that they don't really show just how close to the host's house and the surrounding farm buildings the hut is. My partner and I have a bit of a thing for staying in shepherd's huts and have stayed in a few over the last year; All have been in rural spots, located so they are 100% private and have great views over the surrounding countryside. Part of the charm (for us) is to be able to lounge lazily in the hut with the curtains open and the door wide, soaking up the countryside. Unfortunately for this hut it is facing the host's house and is located on a small rise so that with the door and curtains open you are fully visible. The host has put up a screen to give some privacy to the little seating area outside the hut, but you can see into the host's house from the hut so... The hut is located <50m from the host's house and <20m from the nearest farm building. It is also right up against the edge of a field which meant that the one window we felt we could leave open had to be shut after a local with a shotgun appeared at the window on Saturday morning. Not exactly what you want for a sense of peace and relaxation! The listing does state you are at the heart of a working farm, just not clearly enough I feel. Being woken at 7am by dogs barking isn't really all too great when you've gone for a quiet weekend away with the hope of at least 1 lie in. Other than the location there are a few other things a prospective guest should know... Wi-fi/Internet was mentioned on the listing but there is none. We tried connecting at various points over the weekend with 3 different devices and could not detect a wifi network anywhere. The host blamed bad weather but tbh if the wifi is so flakey then it either shouldn't be listed or it can be easily fixed with a run of ethernet cable from the house and a separate wifi access point for the hut. The lack of wifi is only an issue if you need to be contactable as it's a back up to the fairly poor cell phone signal (depending on your network you'll either get 1 bar or nothing at all). Admittedly this info may actually be a positive for some! The last negative relates to the provision for eating and drinking in the area. We tried 4 different pubs around 5pm on Saturday and found every one to be closed. We were later told that the pubs are shut until 7pm...though not having this info available in the hut is a mistake. I'm just glad we decided to drive to find a pub and not walk to the much advertised Butchers pub...which was closed. Also listed are some provisions that are in the hut : pasta, pesto, milk etc. The pasta we were given late Saturday night after returning from our laughable pub crawl and "dinner". Thankfully we brought our own milk as there was none in the fridge as stated. However we did get some very lovely bacon delivered by the host over the weekend, which was very nice indeed given I'd only asked her where to buy some. As said at the top of this, the host is great!

In summary, if you're looking to spend some time on a farm, with all the noise and whatnot that comes with it and don't mind the feeling you're staying in someone's back garden, then this is a great choice for you. If you're looking for a quiet getaway in a beautiful rural location, probably not.

Liked best: The hut itself
Liked least: The location
Management Response
27 Feb 2016
I'm extremely sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay on our farm. I recall that you tried to find places to eat before 7pm and as we live in a rural area all of the pubs do not serve food until 7pm. Had you told me previous to your arrival of your desire to eat before 7pm I would have been able to find you a solution. I haven't specified this on the listing as I had thought that it is a given that outside of cities you don't find food served 24/7. I take your point that pasta and milk were not ready for you and I apologise for that. I also remember that your partner felt unwell during the weekend and I wonder if your experience is coloured by this. As you very kindly said I did go out of my way to purchase you some local bacon without pre order and I hope that you enjoyed it. Farm life isn't for everyone. I have never received a bad review in the 2.5 years of having the hideaway. I would urge future visitors not to be put off but to make sure that if they know that they have specific requirements to get in touch in advance and I will always go out of my way to make everything perfect for your stay. In terms of being over looked, that may be so but so much less so than in an urban or semi rural environment. We are at the end of a no-through road the Hideaway is in a paddock all of it's own of 1/4 acre, the only people that are around are us and our family, the occasional dog walker or person out shooting who have there own business to be doing. We try our best to read our guests and allow the privacy which they require. I always like to have feedback of any kind ad I thank you for your honesty. Having said that it is always nice to have it at the time so that I can do my best to remedy there and then. best wishes Rosalind
Lea M
London, England, United Kingdom
“A lovely cosy romantic hideaway”
Reviewed 16 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

I took my boyfriend to Nash end Farm for the weekend. The accommodation was cosy, romantic and it had everything we needed. A fully equipped kitchen so we were able to cook romantic meals in the evening. The bed was very comfortable with soft Egyptian sheets. The view was lovely and the location was tranquil and calming. The dogs were great and kept watch outside our Hut. The owner let us have a late checkout last minute as nobody was staying that day. We didn't want to leave and go back to reality but we will be back again for sure. I couldn't recommend this place highly enough.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
SC5503
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Idyllic”
Reviewed 25 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

The shepherd's hut was everything I expected, and more. Very comfortable, warm, cosy,... it is designed extremely well inside, decorated beautifully and Rosalind has thought of everything you could possibly need for a relaxing stay away from it all.
If you are a real ale drinker, a top tip of The Boat at Ashleworth. Spent a lovely few hours by the river, reading my book and drinking excellent beer.
All in all, highly recommended if you want to get away from it all for a few days in a beautiful part of the country.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Anthea B
“Blissful”
Reviewed 24 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

The hut was absolutely delightful, the bed was very comfortable and we had everything we needed (we were blessed with the weather though!). The countryside and peace and quiet were just what we wanted - loads of fabulous walks on the doorstep. Rosalind and Chris were wonderful hosts - on our first night Chris v kindly ran us across the fields to the local pub for supper but after that we bought meat from Rosalind and cooked on the BBQ - it was so idyllic (and the meat so divine) we didn't venture out for food again, instead preferring to sit on the steps in the evening sun. All in all a totally idyllic 5 night stay.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing