“Movie theatre room”

Exciting Escapes
Ranked #1 of 18 Fun & Games in Basingstoke
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Exciting Escapes are thrilled to bring the global phenomenon that is Escape Rooms to Basingstoke. Working together in a small group of 2-7 people, your challenge is to solve puzzles and mysteries together while the clock ticks down. Each room has a story that you play a part in, and each presents its own unique challenges for a truly entertaining experience. Will you accept the challenge?
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Four of us visited the exciting escape rooms in Basingstoke last night.
It was our first time ever doing anything like this and we are so glad we did.
When we arrived we was greeted by a lovely friendly lady who told us to put our phones etc into a locker and to watch a short video.
This was just to brief us on what we was doing.
Then we was then greeted by a lovely professional guy called James.
He was very good at his job and played the part well.
He told us all about our mission and what we had to do.

I won’t give to much away about what we had to do but we was in the movie room and it was set up so well.
We had so much fun!!
Luckily James was on hand when we got stuck and yes we did a lot hahaha.
I wouldn’t say it was to hard and it wasn’t to easy but very entertaining and enjoyable as well as very cleverly thought out.
Unfortunately we didn’t pass but James talked us through the last bits we didn’t do.

I would highly recommend this to everyone thinking of doing this.
I know some people come in bigger groups but we liked doing it as a four.
We are definitely coming back to try all the other rooms.

At the end we was given a fridge magnet and also got to try on some outfits for a photo.
Our whole experience from start to finish was brilliant.
The hour does go fast.
It is definitely one of the best things we have done.
Thanks to James and the other staff.
Bugs thumbs up.

in 5 reviews
"brain power"
"cold war"
in 4 reviews
"staff were super friendly"
"cinema room"
"great hour"
"attention to detail"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 29 April 2018

A fantastic escape room - we did the 1950s spy room. The attention to detail in the decor is great. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The room was challenging but not impossible, and the staff are always on hand for a hint if you are really stuck. The costumes and props for a group photo at the end are a nice touch. The midweek deals are really good value, and it’s in a great location in the centre is town. I’m looking forward to trying the other rooms!

Eloise S, Manager at Exciting Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you very much for such a lovely, superbly detailed review! Its fab to hear you appreciated the attention to detail that we put into each room and I am glad we were able to put you through your paces, without being impossible! We would be thrilled to have you back for another escape soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Great fun and great room - harder than I thought but excellent night all round and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Will Definately be back to try another themed room!!!

Thank you very much for this fab review! I am so pleased you enjoyed your mission and would like to come back to tackle the next one, we would love to have you back!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This is the second time I have been and I still had such great fun! I went with my partner, 2 sisters and my mum this time round. We worked well together and it was a great room! We will all be back to do the other rooms and can’t wait for the new rooms coming up!

Thank you very much for this lovely review, I am so pleased you and your family enjoyed putting your detective skills to the test on our mission! The new rooms will be up and running in a matter of weeks so we will definitely look forward to seeing how you get on with those :)