“Better than ever”

The Coffee Shop at Heaton
Ranked #2 of 68 Quick Bites in Bolton
Description: Coffee Shop - serving the best Coffee in Bolton, a range of teas, milkshakes (made with Fredericks Ice Cream), cakes and a great food menu to suit all taste including veggie & vegan options.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fantastic lunch as always here. The staff go above and beyond. My parents only have very weak coffee, so a cup of frothy milk as given with the coffee on the side so they could make to their taste. I had a delicious jacket potato with crab and prawn, the addition of dill in the sauce really adds to the dish. The homemade cakes were also wonderful.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (108)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I know it's tough after lockdown but spending 30 minutes waiting for an order to be taken then waiting another 20minutes for 4 sandwiches and coffee is a bit much.
Chef needs help....

Date of visit: May 2021
Diane H, Owner at The Coffee Shop at Heaton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi, we’re really sorry that you had a bad experience.

We can only assume you visited us on Saturday. We unfortunately suffered a perfect storm that day. Lots of customer support and a fairly new In experiences member of staff.

We tried our very best but it was slower than we’d like.

We will improve and hope you will give us a second chance and visit us again.

Reviewed 30 January 2021 via mobile

I ordered afternoon tea for two for a lockdown birthday treat for collection. From the moment I ordered to the moment I collected, The coffee shop at Heaton didn’t fail to please. Diane kindly answer all my questions (even out if hours)

Afternoon tea per person comprised of: 3 large half sandwiches, sausage roll, crisps , 3 cakes, a homemade scone with clotted cream and jam and a choice of a hot or cold drink. There was more than enough for two and it was very filling (saved the cakes for the day after)

I would definitely recommend the afternoon tea if you fancy a treat, food is delicious, all homemade and the staff are lovely

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 16 January 2021 via mobile

It hasn't the same ring as Tiffany's and they probably won't turn it into a film but they do a pretty tasty breakfast and that suits me. I've been all over the world, staying in hotels and on ships and been in some lovely restaurants but had never been to Heaton coffee shop until today and it's just around the corner. We booked ahead just to secure a table, it being the weekend and this covid thing still being with us. The greeting on arrival was very friendly and all the eating establishment rules were in place even to the hand drier in the toilets being switched off which it isn't in most other places. Our table had a reserved sign on it with our name attached. It was 11am and was fairly busy. Our food, a full English with a bacon sandwich was perfect as it seemed to be with everyone else who was eating. I had heard really good reports about the place before I went and saw nothing to dispute it. I will certainly be going again. Well done everyone.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

Ordered a mixture of sweet and savoury afternoon teas including a children’s one on Sat, 12th Dec 20. Everything was absolutely delicious and you could tell it was all top quality produce. The children’s afternoon tea had a good selection of items and my little boy said it was the best
Highly recommend you give this place a try, you won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2020