“Birthday celebration”

Ranked #135 of 597 Restaurants in Bolton
Price range: US$1 - US$26
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located on Belmont Road, The Wilton Arms sits on the edge of the West Pennine Moors. Just 10 minutes from Bolton Centre and five minutes from Horwich The Wilton Arms is an ideal location to unwind after attending a sporting event, football or rugby, or a meeting place before going to a concert in Manchester or Preston. We offer traditional, homecooked food using the freshest local produce so you can be sure of the very best dining experience. We even cook breakfast for organised parties, just ring and ask for details! We look forward to welcoming you soon...
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We visited after it has had a stunning, classy overhaul! Everybody’s meals were of great quality with no complaints! Service was excellent too! We’ll go back

2  Thank Julia H

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Went to the Wilton purely to see the refurbishment and also to sample the new food menu. Upon entering the bar we where met by a lovely atmosphere, light , airy and the decor was fab. The bar staff where very attentive, especially Jeff who couldn’t do enough for us. The food was lovely, however I thought the steak on my mixed grill wasn’t up to standard which let my meal down... my partners steak was cooked correctly and she also commented that it was lovely ( also the wine , the Sauvignon blanc was a winner ... apparently) ! Will definitely be returning in the near future .

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve just visited The Wilton with my parents. We had a starter, 3 mains and a dessert that we couldn’t fault. My mum loves a fish pie but is very fussy about them and she really enjoyed hers. Lots of choice on the menu, friendly staff, good food and nice surroundings. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank abiszulec
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Went out to eat at the Wilton as haven’t been since they updated the restaurant.
Ordered rump steak which was on the menu for £14.95 when it came and I saw the steak I thought it was just an average pub steak with a restaurant price. Asda steak is 100% better cooked by myself or anyone who can set a stop watch. It’s not the Wilton chiefs fault if he hasn’t got good ingredients to work with as was obviously the case. The restaurant manager said that they had a good supplier of the beef but that’s all well and done but what steak brings to the table is a different matter. If Asda can sell a steak that’s far superior to what I ate for £3.50 then what price do these people pay for what was on my plate. If they payed more than Asda price then why not just go and click and collect from Asda And then bang eleven pound fifty on top as they did. I think they paid buttons for the steak then charged the earth for something that I could have been put on the sole of my shoe, as it would have served more purpose.
Why can’t we have a top quality restaurant/pup in Bolton like the higher Buck in Waddington that serve an amazing steak for £22 that makes you travel 32 miles round trip when you have time. Instead we have to try different restaurants to try and find a steak. Bolton restaurant owners please go to the higher buck waddington for a steak standard.
Then don’t serve rubbish and expect people to come back. If a had the money to set up a restaurant then I would have it booked up 24/7 because you lot don’t have a clue what good food is and people in Bolton must not travel and enjoy eating rubbish.
Sorry, please take heed or exspect to be empty when a new pub opens and people go and see if it’s any better than the rubbish currently being served.

2  Thank Keith R
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Just been for with friends. Had a amazing meal. We all loved! Would highly recommend the halloumi skewers! The pub looks amazing after the refurb!

1  Thank Michelle L