All reviews international centre swimming pool two double beds air con leisure facilities nice pool exhibition centre refurbished room town park convenient location good size leisure club ice rink the hotel is clean reception staff real ale plenty of parking
Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

I was visiting Shropshire for a couple of days and this hotel's location is handy for the county, and quite close to Shrewsbury.
Telford itself isn't worth spending a great deal of time in, not that you can blame the hotel for that. I had to wait in line ten minutes for check in - they even checked in people arriving after me. Rooms gloomy and the while place could do with a major refurbb.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2015

Dear Tim W

Thank you for taking time to write a review after your stay with us. I'm sorry that you didn't fully enjoy the experience and that your check in was not smooth, this certainly wouldn't have been our intention, please accept my apologies. I normally go down the queue with chocolates if we have lots of people checking in at the same time!

I do hope you might consider coming back to Telford in the future. There's lots to see and do in the area with the town park right next door, Southwater Convention Quarter adjacent which leads to the indoor shopping centre. We're also just a 10 minute drive away from the amazing Ironbridge Gorge, and quite close to the Welsh border.

Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

I joined my wife at this hotel fro a couple of nights while she was in the area on business. Our room was a good size, with 2 double-beds and very clean. Breakfast was very good and the outlook from the restaurant was very attractive with a small landscaped garden that lets you forget the hotel is in the car park of a conference centre.
The location is very good for local attractions and if you don't fancy the hotel restaurant there are several others in the nearby leisure complex. These are all chain-type restaurants so no fine dining, but still a reasonable choice.
The hotel has a nice pool which is a bonus.
Would happily stay here again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business

Dear Alan J

Many thanks for your kind review and I'm glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay. Its good to read that you found our location really suited your needs.

I hope you will come back and stay with us again on a future occasion.

Reviewed 20 September 2015

I have stayed at this hotel over the years and always found it to be pleasant and family friendly with a relaxing atmosphere. There is an added bonus that families get free entry to the neighboring park wonderland which is fab for young kids. Resturant food is brill, breakfast is always lovely and no request is too much. The pool and jacuzzi are lovely and never too full.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family

Dear cat d

Thank you very much for giving us top marks! It sounds like you had a great stay.

We're very fortunate to be located right next to the beautiful Telford Town Park which has something for everyone, from Wonderland for the littlies (free entry to hotel residents), amazing walking space, parkland, playgrounds and more.

Your review will be really useful for potential guests to read, so thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Checked in last night was very pleased with the room which had two double beds spacious and clean we had a few drinks in the bar which was very relaxing and chilled out. I had a bottle of prosecco and a chocolate fudge brownie with walnuts which was very good I ended up having 2 . Breakfast was included with our rate which was a good standard plenty of choice buffet style nice dining area very spacious and modern decor. There is a pool here that's of good size excellent value for money we would definitely use this hotel in the future

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leanne B
Lis F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2015

Dear Leanne B

Thank you very much for taking time to post such a lovely review. I'm really glad to read how much you enjoyed your stay. Prosecco and a piece (or two) of our home-made chocolate fudge brownie sounds like a great idea for the weekend! (I've passed on your feedback to all the team, and particularly to Nathan, the chef who makes the brownies.)

I hope you will come back and stay again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Stayed here now 5 or 6 times for a shirt family break. The most recent visit was a little disappointing. We were unfortunate to be staying in the next room to a family with a dog who barked periodically through the night. The hotel was full so the reception staff said they were unable to move us.
Pool good as always. The breakfasts were great but we were disappointed with our evening meal. Tasteless / dry fish.
We were booking again for October and bringing friends for the first time - but we may try somewhere different next time.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank CharlotteandFamily

Dear Charlotte and Family

I was sorry to read that on this occasion you hadn't enjoyed your stay so much. I do hope you will come back to us again, please contact me personally next time you have a date in mind so that I can assist you with your reservation. In the meantime, please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused.

I look forward to hearing from you.