“Disappointed ”
Review of Iberico World Tapas Derby - CLOSED

Iberico World Tapas Derby
Price range: US$20 - US$46
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Iberico World Tapas in Derby opened on Bold Lane in the Cathedral Quarter in November 2013. It is the sister restaurant to Iberico World Tapas in Nottingham. Our menu combines the rustic simplicity of Spanish cuisine with the refined ingredients of world cooking. We are delighted to announce that after less than a year of opening we have been awarded a "Bib Gourmand" by the highly regarded Michelin 2015 Guide, recognising exceptional food at a reasonable price. Along with our Nottingham site, we now hold the only Bib Gourmands in the whole of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, and 2 of only 155 in the whole of the UK. We look forward to welcoming you!
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We booked earlier in the day as we all love tapas.
When we turned up at the restaurant there were no menus on display to the outside but we continued with the booking as it looked nice enough.
When were shown to our table and shown the menu it suddenly didn’t look as appetising.
Just for a bottle of rose wine the price was around £24.
In our opinion tapas is small plates of food which you can have various amounts to try different foods on offer. This place was so expensive for instance black miso cod around £17 bearing in mind this was supposed to be tapas.
I cannot leave an opinion on the quality of food as we decided to stand up and leave the restaurant due to massive prices.
So unless you have lots of money I’d give this place a wide berth.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I have to be blown away for 5/5 and I have eaten at Nottingham Iberico many times. However a great meal, chicken wings lovely as always.
Get rid of the wall table by window (we asked to move) feels really out of it.
Carry served us and couldn’t have been lovelier.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Food is fantastic, octopus, chicken, beef all highly recommended. Clean, nice Decor, good service. An all round top quality Spanish fusion feast!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The food is really good here. Good variety and a very friendly service. Good selection of food but we asked the staff to recommend top choices. We were not dissapointed. Good selection on the drinks menu too. Will revisit in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Paid another visit to Iberico World Tapas. We had the set lunch for £35 which included a meat and cheese plate and Catalan bread to start then picked 4 dishes from the menu - inside out chicken, beef skewers, lime and salt squid and Patatas bravas.
Love the meat and cheese plate, it was served with picked fennel which cut through the charcuterie beautifully. Manchego came with a nice quince cheese and the sheeps cheese and a small serving of delicious fig and almond cake, perfect wit h the cheese. I liked it so much I’ve sourced some for home. The Catalan bread is simple and delicious.

Thoroughly enjoyed the beef skewers and the chicken. Beef was nicely pink and the chicken was sweet and sticky with only a hint of spice. My favourite was the quid - perfectly cooked, nice and soft with crunchy coating eaten with aoli. Patatas were triple cooked so lovely crunch on the outside with soft potato and lots of the tomato based sauce.

I had a glass of Tio Pepe which went with the meal. The only downside for me was that I fancied a cocktail but most had a fizzy element - wine, lemonade, soda which just left a gin based cocktail and I’m not a gin fan. So a few more choices, perhaps a classic marguerita would be welcome.

Great service throughout, the ladies are very friendly and knowledgeable on the food. £42 in total including service to really good value too. Definitely recommended for lunch if you are in town.