1,997 results
All reviews pool table free movies bar area walk in shower wet room nice hotel business park business trip train station enjoyed my stay pride park would stay again steak car parking city centre one night stay ps4
Reviewed 8 October 2018

The Penta is a nice hotel on face value. The rooms are clean and tidy. The small gym is ok for a week. Inclusive breakfast is good. However if you stay for an evening meal be prepared to pay a lot of money for a meal that eventually turns up (45mins min) and still be hungry. I have never seen a fish and chips before were the fish looks like a small sausage roll !The staff are very friendly but something in the menu/service/kitchen is broken.Do not take a room on the first floor above the main entrance/bar if you are a light sleeper. The bass from the music carries until the early hours and people returning from a night out will wake you up.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Kevbeer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us here at pentahotel Derby.

It was really good to read positive feedback regarding rooms, cleanliness and staff however I do apologize for your experience in our restaurant. We do carry out regular market research to ensure our pricing is in line with the market however please be assured your feedback will be taken on board.

I hope that we can rectify your past experience and will see you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

One night visit

Service and food good

Compared with the Prague property, where I was the week before, it needs room safe for laptop.

For a business hotel on an industrial/commercial estate, you should not have to pay for parking.

I like the brand style

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
BarboraPetirova, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Andrew S,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor at pentahotels.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Overall a nice and well located hotel for my requirements. Food was average. Table service varied - one waitress was enthusiastic being American. Restaurant atmosphere spoiled by overload beat music, better suited to disco club. Strangely there was a shortage of forks . Bedroom simple but comfortable however no guidance on how to operate shower. For all that, I’d go again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Anthony,
Thank you for the kind words following your stay with us here in Derby.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience of pentahotels, it certainly is an exciting chain of hotels!
Unfortunately you mention some issues which were disturbing for you. Your particular feedback is very valuable for us and we will certainly take these comments on board.

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Once again I've had another great night's stay at the Pentax in Derby. Room was fine, clean and tidy and always love the atmosphere in the reception and dining area. Breakfast was good, and check out was quick. All in all a good night's stay

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank mattchubb
BarboraPetirova, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear Mattchubb,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for nice feedback regarding cleanliness, atmosphere, breakfast & quick check out.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Derby.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Pentahotel Derby on Saturday night - my first shock was the price of breakfast- £15!! and wasn’t anything special just a buffet!
Then overnight the noise was incredible- shouting & screaming in the corridors till 4:30 in the morning.
On checkout I announced my displeasure and was met by we will knock off the £5 parking fee as a goodwill gesture! I didn’t know there was a parking fee??? Ridiculous!
My advice is look somewhere else to stay!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Zane130

Dear Zane,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

I am sorry that your visit didn’t quite meet the expectations that we would have both had. We do carry out regular market research to ensure our pricing is in line with the market. I do apologize for noisy guests on corridors, we have 24h reception so we could come anytime to check it however I am sorry that this was not communicated to you properly.
As I understood my colleague gave you complimentary car parking as you were not happy but please be assured your feedback will be taken on board

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove that we are better than your last experience with us.