“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER”

Pakiri Beach Horse Rides - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Wellsford
More attraction details
Owner description: Beach horse rides from 1 hour to multi-day safaris with rides suitable for first time riders through to the very experienced.
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Booked online & paid the cost only to be told she had made a mistake and incorrectly charged us standard rates and almost doubled the cost as it was peak season.... we asked her to honour the quoted price (which legally she has to especially since we paid) only to be told we were ridiculous to expect her to honour the standard price!!! She then cancelled our booking (despite the fact we had paid!!!)
Appalling behaviour!!! I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND EVER and I will be telling everyone to be aware

charlihorse, Owner at Pakiri Beach Horse Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

I would like to know who this is...I think this was a person booking for New year for our accommodation this coming Christmas not for horse riding to my knowledge. This was booked on Air BnB and we had not finished loading the prices and were struggling with the web site...rather tech challenged older person!!!
I am sorry but the e mail I received from this woman was extremely rude and it was a genuine mistake on our part. We have with drawn the accommodation since. I apologized to her and explained that it was not correct and why. This appears to be a vengeful comment from her...so nasty!

All reviews
"safety"
"auckland"
"bundy"

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Thanks so much to you all at Pakiri Beach Horse Rides. Exceeded my expectations and was the most enjoyable ride I've had since owning my own horses 20 years ago. Totally stunning and diverse scenery. I rode Bundy - a lovely, well mannered - total pleasure and comfortable to ride. We found the entire experience to be very professionally handled. The care of the horses was wonderful - our guides were lovely and most considerate. I would highly recommend to riders of all levels. For sure my number one choice - and I will be back!

charlihorse, Owner at Pakiri Beach Horse Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you Sarah, We are glad you had such a lovely ride...and Bundy is a sweetie!!!
we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Rode Princess very calm and very responsive horse. Would highly recommend. Guides were very professional. Great day. Gay

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I did the half day ride and really didn't know what to expect. I am an experienced rider so I don't enjoy the nose to tail shuffle usually on offer from tourist trekking centres (though this is exactly what novices riders need to be safe) . I was blown away! I had a great, forward going little horse called Princess, a guide all to myself (I went mid week when it is less busy) and access to probably the most beautiful beach you are allowed to ride on in the world. Just WOW And to top it all off, not another person to be seen anywhere. Perfect! I had a great cup of coffee in their small cafe and watched a couple more rides go out and was impressed by the well-being of the very happy looking horses that obviously knew how to look after the first time riders and novices. Would I visit again? Yes and I have :) Whatever your riding experience they will be able to help you have a once in a lifetime beach horse ride experience, I am sure.

charlihorse, Owner at Pakiri Beach Horse Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We love Princess too she is a great wee horse...so glad you had a lovely time with her and at our very special place here at Pakiri.
Thank you for taking time to write this lovely report.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I have been horse riding all my life, including racehorses, but it has been my ultimate dream to ride an Arabian horse, since I was a child.

I contacted Pakiri to ask if it would be possible to ride an Arabian. After explaining that I was an experienced rider we arranged a private ride.

On February 22nd my dream came true. I rode an Arabian horse called Knuckles. She was the most incredible horse I have ever ridden. Felizia my guide was fantastic and gave me an experience I will never forget. Everyone went above and beyond.

We walked along the beach taking in the view of the waves and the scenery. We cantered over the sand dunes on a single track, which made for a thrilling and exciting ride. I enjoyed my ride so much I didn't want it to end. Thank you so much for a truly special experience.

charlihorse, Owner at Pakiri Beach Horse Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for this lovely comment. It was our pleasure to give you a great ride on one of our special young Arabians...Knuckles real name is Taurere Dahliah. She is a lovely young mare. We hope you can return to Pakiri !