“Totally amazing”

Pakiri Beach Horse Rides - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Wellsford
More attraction details
Owner description: Beach horse rides from 1 hour to multi-day safaris with rides suitable for first time riders through to the very experienced.
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Rode Princess very calm and very responsive horse. Would highly recommend. Guides were very professional. Great day. Gay

All reviews
"safety"
"auckland"
"bundy"

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I did the half day ride and really didn't know what to expect. I am an experienced rider so I don't enjoy the nose to tail shuffle usually on offer from tourist trekking centres (though this is exactly what novices riders need to be safe) . I was blown away! I had a great, forward going little horse called Princess, a guide all to myself (I went mid week when it is less busy) and access to probably the most beautiful beach you are allowed to ride on in the world. Just WOW And to top it all off, not another person to be seen anywhere. Perfect! I had a great cup of coffee in their small cafe and watched a couple more rides go out and was impressed by the well-being of the very happy looking horses that obviously knew how to look after the first time riders and novices. Would I visit again? Yes and I have :) Whatever your riding experience they will be able to help you have a once in a lifetime beach horse ride experience, I am sure.

charlihorse, Owner at Pakiri Beach Horse Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

We love Princess too she is a great wee horse...so glad you had a lovely time with her and at our very special place here at Pakiri.
Thank you for taking time to write this lovely report.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I have been horse riding all my life, including racehorses, but it has been my ultimate dream to ride an Arabian horse, since I was a child.

I contacted Pakiri to ask if it would be possible to ride an Arabian. After explaining that I was an experienced rider we arranged a private ride.

On February 22nd my dream came true. I rode an Arabian horse called Knuckles. She was the most incredible horse I have ever ridden. Felizia my guide was fantastic and gave me an experience I will never forget. Everyone went above and beyond.

We walked along the beach taking in the view of the waves and the scenery. We cantered over the sand dunes on a single track, which made for a thrilling and exciting ride. I enjoyed my ride so much I didn't want it to end. Thank you so much for a truly special experience.

charlihorse, Owner at Pakiri Beach Horse Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for this lovely comment. It was our pleasure to give you a great ride on one of our special young Arabians...Knuckles real name is Taurere Dahliah. She is a lovely young mare. We hope you can return to Pakiri !

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I was gifted money by my partner at Christmas to purchase this experience. Its been a dream of mine to ride a horse on the beach at Pakiri, for many years. So I booked our accommodation, time off work and the Sundown ride. I did request to change the ride, but no contact or confirmation of a change of ride, was made with me, regarding my request, so therefore stayed with my original booking. Which I did have the booking confirmation form and number for. On the morning of the ride Sharley, contacted me regarding my ride, because the weather was terrible and we decided to reschedule the ride. Due to work and family commitments I am unable to reschedule the ride at the present moment and therefore requested a full refund. I read the terms and conditions of this experience and was well aware of the penalties of cancelling the ride. I did NOT CANCEL the ride and therefore I requested a full refund by email to Pakiri Horse Rides. I was informed by Sharley, that I was a 'no show' for the afternoon ride (I did not have a booking confirmation for this ride) and why would Sharley contact me regarding the Sundown ride, which I was booked for. We exchanged a few emails, Sharley refusing to give me my money back, stating she does not refund. I explained I did NOT CANCEL my ride and that I was unable to reschedule and therefore I requested a full refund. Cutting a long story short, Sharley referred me to the booking agent Whyte Waters Booking Ltd, stating they are the ones who refund. I was refunded part of my payment, 15% was withheld, with no explanation. I contacted Whyte Waters and they informed me they can only refund what the owner of the business, (Pakiri Horse Rides) tells them to. I explained my case, regarding a full refund., they informed me that my payment had been paid to Pakiri Horse Rides and they would contact Sharley regarding the outstanding 15%.Thanks to Whyte Water Bookings Ltd, the 15% outstanding will be refunded. I am now taking my business elsewhere.

charlihorse, Owner at Pakiri Beach Horse Rides - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thank you Julie for this review and taking the time to write it... What a shame you chose to write a review like this with out actually experiencing the wonderful scenery and riding we do.Obviously there was a misunderstanding over your booking procedure...we never cancel rides we do give people the option to do so if they wish...I recall this was given to you and you chose to cancel and reschedule not once but twice but did not show up as expected hence we expected the booking fee to pay for the guide and the prepared horse for you. Im so sorry that you felt like this about us. YOU WERE REFUNDED IN FULL despite our conditions not being fulfilled.