1,749 results
All reviews thermal suite terrace restaurant library bar tranquility spa underground parking coffee dock wexford town executive room central location lovely hotel hot food spa treatments bar food leisure centre great selection opera house saturday night
Reviewed 23 August 2016

For a 1 night stay, first impression not brilliant but grew on us and really enjoyed the stay.
library bar food good staff very polite, excellent breakfast and smiling, welcoming staff 1st thing in a morning starts the day well

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Whites969, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear WolfieStaffordshire,

Thank you for your kind review, I was glad to see that you enjoyed an excellent breakfast and welcoming staff after a poor first impression. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the team here. I am sorry that you did not have a good first impression, may I apologize most sincerely for that. I would be delighted to discuss this with you in more detail directly if you would like to contact me on jobrien@claytonhotels.com. Hopefully we will see you back soon and in the meantime, thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed a night in Whites hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the leisure centre, whilst my wife enjoyed a beauty treatment. The rooms are of a very good standard. Breakfast is lovely. Would highly recommend this hotel & we hope to return.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Collycolm,

Thank you for your kind review, I was glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay at Clayton Whites Hotel and that the lovely breakfast, helpful and friendly staff and your wife's spa treatment contributed to that. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the team here. We look forward to seeing you back again soon and in the meantime, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

From entering to leaving this hotel we experienced the same friendly, efficient and courteous service. We highly recommend this hotel if you're staying in Wexford. Right in the town centre, more or less and close to everything. The staff are really 'awesome' to paraphrase one of the cleaners. The cleaning staff, the restaurant staff, the bar staff and reception staff all have a fantastic outlook - to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms are airy bright and quite large.The food is really good. We stayed over four days/three nights and we had intended to sample the food in some of the local good restaurants but as the weather wasn't great we decided to try the Terrace restaurant in the hotel. What a wise decision! On the first night we tried the 'early bird'. For €23 per person it was certainly great value. A good and diverse menu with really tasty food. Again I have to mention the restuarant staff. So friendly and efficient and happy to advise if asked. Top marks to the manager and his staff - we will return.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Des D,

Thank you for your kind review, I was delighted to read of your enjoyable stay at Clayton Whites Hotel, particularly our "awesome" staff, great location, bright and spacious rooms and good food. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the team here. We look forward to seeing you back again soon and in the meantime, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here friday & Saturday night.. first thought walked in reception was nice...room was clean & nice. The shower isn't they greatest with the wet room idea the whole floor is soaked.hair dryer didn't work.
Went down to bar waiting for drinks which was fine.sat down the chairs r very old looking need new furniture.ordered dinner nothing fancy with it spicy chicken wings was missing the sauce.. We didn't have dinner again.breakfast was lovely plenty of food to be had.. again chairs all ripped.we use swimming pool which was lovely n spotless & warm. Would be a great hotel if some money was put into it.. it's a bit overpriced.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julieann1978

Dear Julieann1978,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was glad to read that you enjoyed the swimming pool and lobby area during your stay. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the team here. With regard to the general decor, as you may know, our company purchased the hotel during the last year and we would acknowledge that it is in need of refurbishment. Accordingly we started a programme in the spring of this year and completed 55 of our bedrooms and we intend to do 50 more this coming winter. We also hope to commence refurbishment work on the ground floor areas, in particular refreshing the furniture to be more in line with our new Clayton identity. I do hope this will not deter you from visiting us again as we would be anxious to restore your confidence in our hotel. Should you decide to book again, please contact me directly so that I may take personal care of the arrangements for you and perhaps do something to make up for your disappointment on this occasion. In the meantime, my apologies again and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Currently staying with my family and having a ball !! Great room...fantastic pool.. Great food and service ! Would recommend to visit and Wexford has lots to do !! Impending School forgotten about for the moment definitely on my list for the domestic get away !!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael H

Dear Michael H,

Thank you for your kind review, I was delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us at Clayton Whites Hotel and that the great room, fantastic pool and service contributed to that. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the team here. We look forward to seeing you back again soon and in the meantime, thank you for your feedback.