All reviews leisure centre lovely hotel library bar thermal suite the dunbrody famine ship no lift solas croi bar food gallery restaurant wedding guests both nights spa break carvery lunch ground floor set menu wedding venue kids club
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Stayed here for 1 night. Hotel has a nice drive up to it, the grounds are very nice for a short walk. Couldn't check in yet as there was a wedding the day before so went to the bar and had lunch and a drink which was lovely. The room was very modern and big - not what you would expect...had a boutique feel off it. Booked a spa treatment and had use of the thermal suites which I would highly recommend. The spa is a big dome and there is also tea, coffee and juices there which you can help yourself to. The outdoor plunge pool was definitely the highlight. The leisure centre wasn't busy so we had the use of the large pool, jacuzzi and hydrotherapy grotto - was the one of the best leisure centres I have come across. Ate in the gallery restaurant that evening and the food was amazing - they also had a special offer on wine that evening so a bottle was only €20. The bar that evening was nice and relaxing and they had live music which was great but as children had to be off the premises by 9pm the bar emptied out considerably by 10. Great breakfast buffet the next morning, it had everything. Would definitely return to and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2016

Attended a friend's wedding recently in the Hotel the room was lovely and spacious with all working facilities. The food was amazing and the room set up was delightful. The staff were so helpful and polite. A special shout out to the girl at reception Samantha. In my rather fragile state post the wedding late night celebrations I managed to lost both my sunglasses and suit jacket. The girl worked tirelessly to find them both for me and returned them safely to me saving me a lot of hassle she is a star.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2016

Around 30 from Scotland stayed here for three nights a few weeks ago for my sons wedding to a local lassie. All the staff here were fantastic and are a credit to themselves and the hotel. Food was excellent and I must mention Billy for his efforts at the wedding reception.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I had a lovely stay at Brandon House whilst visiting family and discovering more about the area where they have lived for generations. The hotel is in beautiful surroundings, with a fantastic view from the front. Our room was large and spacious, yet cosy and all staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant and bar were both welcoming and both served excellent food. We took an afternoon off from sightseeing and spent it relaxing in the Solas Croi Spa attached to the hotel. This was a lovely afternoon with brilliant treatments.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Brandon House for two nights while en route from Killarney to Dublin. We wanted a place to stay near Waterford, but off the beaten path. The rooms were recently redecorated and ours (306) was very large and well appointed. In-room coffee and tea service was very nice, as was the hairdryer. The hallways to the rooms are a bit dated, although that did not bother us. We ate in The Gallery restaurant our first night and had a wonderful waitress who was attentive and cheery. The food was excellent. The second night it rained and was cold, so we ate in The Library Bar. The food was very good, as was the staff. Breakfast was delicious with an upscale continental and full Irish breakfast to select from. Finally, I spent the afternoon at the spa and enjoyed it immensely. It was so relaxing and the offerings were extremely generous. Front desk staff at the hotel were excellent; helpful and pleasant.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple