1,588 results
All reviews the penthouse lovely hotel the hotel car park course meal hen party city centre bar food family room self service last weekend would highly recommend this hotel food was lovely a lovely stay top class bar staff from start to finish visiting waterford
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed her to do the greeway , I emailed 2 hotels in Waterford to see could we have a late check out , this was one of them , we were told we could have late check out for an extra fee which we agreed , we were woken at 11.40 am by housekeeping banging on the door , I answered the door and informed her we had paid extra to check out late , 20 minutes later we got an angry call from reception to say we needed to leave the hotel , I also informed her of our late check out , at this stage we gave up any hope of rest we showered and left the hotel , I complained to the receptionist and was told rudely that she wasnt aware of late check out , I later emailed the manager his response was no better , he offered bake my late check out fee , understandably as we were neary hounded out of the hotel , and it was Monday not even a day that was busy , it is a pity as otherwise the hotel was fine

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank rosie r
Operations2, General Manager at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2018

Hi Rosie,

I am sorry to see your stay was not as relaxing as expected. As previously, I do apologise for our shortcomings in this instance with regards to you being disturbed in the morning on two occassions. I assure you ave implemented new standards around these issues so that it does not happen again. I do hope that you will return to the Fitzwilton Hotel again soon so that we can right the wrongs and assure you will enjoy a relaxing break.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Myself and my Husband travelled to Waterford for 2 nights for our second wedding anniversary and stayed in The Fitzwilton on Oct 26 to 28th 2018. The hotel had a nicely decorated lobby, the reception staff were lovely and we were checked in very quickly, paid for the room upfront and were given the key to our room.

We stayed in room 410. There was a convenient vending machine on our floor just outside the lifts. The halls were also nicely decorated but down around our area there was an odd smokey sort of smell (upon checking in we were asked to sign a no smoking acknowledgement so I assumed it was a fully non smoking hotel?). Our room was nice, was quite spacious with a double bed and a nice seating area. The only things we were missing was a fridge and there was no bath mat for the bath/shower. The room was nice and clean but the morning we were checking out when pulling the curtains back fully to ensure we hadn’t left anything behind there were some dead flies on the carpet near the window.

Our first morning for Breakfast on the Saturday, the food was delicious. The Fitzwilton has pretty much everything we could have wanted for breakfast and everything was cooked to perfection. On the Sunday morning, it was a lot busier which the team didn’t seem prepared for at all! We had to wait in reception for 5 mins for a table to free up which was fine but upon being seated we were told the table would be wiped down and cleaned and asked if we wanted tea or coffee (we asked for tea), no one came back, my partner wiped the table with a napkin, we went and got our breakfast, quality wasn’t AS good as the Saturday, the hash browns weren’t crispy, the tomatoes looked like they’d been cut in half and just put in the container without actually being fried or grilled. We finished our breakfast and had to the ask again for tea which eventually was brought to us (the couple seated next to us also had to ask).

Upon leaving our room, the house keeping staff were extremely pleasant and polite and the girl on reception was also a pleasure to deal with.

Overall we were happy with our stay with just a few points which could be improved above hence the 4 star review.

Hello Stevie,

thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. Though there were lots of positives, I am dissappointed to read the negatives of your visit. I will be happy to pass on your kind words to all involved in accommodation and reception. I appreciate your constructive feedback also and assure you we will implement new standards of operation to ensure these issues are not experienced with our future guests.Thank you once again for taking the time to review your visit to the Fitzwilton Hotel.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Great hotel in the heart of the city. Very clean and the staff were fantastic. Food in the bar was lovely with a great variety. Brekkies was freshly made and plenty of it. Ours were 11 and 15. Overall a fab stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Allan,

thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to read that you and your family had a great visit to the Fitzwilton Hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your kind words on to the kitchen team in particular. I sincerely hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and yours again very soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Apart from the excellent location of this Hotel the staff are professional and courteous. So helpful. I spent two night's here. Lovely spacious room with lovely bathroom. Great selection for breakfast. Very varied bar food menu. Had the chicken curry it was lovely. Would definitely recommend this Hotel. Thanks very much Fitzwilton.

Hello Kate,

I am thrilled to read you had such a wonderful stay with us. I will be delighted to pass your very kind feedback to all of our wonderful team members. The Chicken Curry is a personal favourite also I must add!
Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay with us. We hope to see you and yours again very soon.

Kind Regards and best wishes,

Reviewed 21 October 2018

Clean and comfortable. Very spacious and nicely laid out. Lots of fluffy towels and nice amenities. Friendly and helpful front desk staff. Hotel is in a great locations and you are able to walk to so many attractions. Only downfall is parking. ‘‘Tis a bit of a walk especially with luggage if it is available.

1  Thank Heather D