1,589 results
All reviews the penthouse lovely hotel the hotel car park course meal hen party city centre bar food family room self service last weekend would highly recommend this hotel food was lovely a lovely stay top class bar staff from start to finish visiting waterford
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while visiting Waterford City.

The hotels location is very good, right in the centre of town, about a 5 minute walk from the train station and just behind the front of the quays.

Upon arrival, reception staff were quite blunt and unwelcoming. I had to speak first and I was given my card, no 'enjoy your stay' or 'welcome'.

Our twin room was nice and modern, spacious but no views as the hotel is nestled between a few buildings on each side. Beds were comfortable and we had a good night's sleep.

Breakfast the next morning was excellent. The friendly server and host was kind and professional, despite clearly being very busy as it seemed she was the main worker in the breakfast room. The choice at breakfast was great - lots of different options like smoothie shots, oats with fruits and hot options - the hash browns and black pudding were quite dry however and may have been sitting out for a while.

Upon check out, we were not asked how our stay was, or anything like that. Just a 'bye'. Again, not a massive deal, but it's always nice to be asked upon departure what we thought of the hotel and our stay experience.

Quite unfortunate about the reception staff as they are the first and last impression you get from a hotel. I see other reviews mentioning this also so maybe a change up is required..

Nonetheless, if in Waterford again and the price was right, I would stay at The Fitzwilton again.

I would however, stay again, due to the nice modern rooms and great breakfast offering, along with the excellent location.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Operations2, General Manager at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hello Sam,

thank you for your very kind review. I am delighted you enjoyed your breakfast with us and also had a great comfortable sleep. I am sorry to see however that your check in and out experience was not up to the high standard expected and I assure you I will explore this further. I am delighted to read you will visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night traveling through. The location is great, walking distance to most places. Parking is complimentary for staying guests. WiFi is free. The room was a great size with a comfortable queen and single bed. Nice decor and clean. Room has a table with 2 chairs plus a desk and chair, and lots of cupboard space including ironing board and iron plus safe. The bathroom is a good size with amenities. The shower is over the bath which could be difficult for mobility issues. The room does not have air conditioning however was pleasant with the window open. The hotel has lifts. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Hello Martine,

thank you for your review and your positive feedback on your stay and the facilities on offer at the hotel. I will also pass your kind words to our friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the penthouse for our wedding anniversary. Room was lovely but nothing overly special for penthouse. No coffee machine,room was clean, paint come do with uodating.room was noisy with street traffic. Reception were confused over breakfast times as we were told it was on at 7.30 and wasnt on til 8. Carpark is very small and has no entrance from carpark to hotel.Bath could do with being worked on as the support poles for the bath were broken. Standby Light on the tv was too bright when it was turned off. Bar is quite small and is not comfortable. Restaurant had some flies in it when we ate there. Food was good. glass of housewine was expensive. Orange juice wasnt chilled at breakfast. Lifts are noisy at night. Bed was good size and comfortable.

Hi Tina,

thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. The Penthouse Suite is currently being refurbished as we speak so apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I will gladly take all of your comments on board and address each individually to rectify these mishaps. Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

On an organised tour of 49 who arrived late for nights stay. Dinner was organised for us and the staff very organised, helpfull and excellent meal.
The rooms were large clean but like many hotels in the UK and Ireland do not have a/c.
Some of our guests had problems with hot showers and there are no fridges in the rooms.

Hi Shane,

thank you for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I will be delighted to pass your very kind words to all the team here. We did have some issues with one or two rooms showers on the date of your stay which have now been rectified. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for business. This was booked as a twin double bed room.
On arrival was checked in with no mention to my room, but got upstairs and found they had put me in a single.
So I asked reception why do I have a single room and they said they over booked and as I was alone they changed my room to a single. Yeah right not happy as they wouldn't change my room to what was requested.
When I asked about price change to a single they would ask the manager if this could be done..
Two night two different prices €80 one night and €107 for the second, and not getting what you booked and took your cash.
Not right and not happy customer at this place.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank William M
Operations2, General Manager at Fitzwilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hi William,

Thank you for your review. If I may please clarify, the room you booked was through a third party and not direct with the hotel, therefore we did not take your cash as you mentioned. Regarding the two different prices over two different nights, this concept applies in hotel bookings/airlines/concerts etc.. all over the world as some nights and dates are busier than others and hence more expensive.
The room you booked was a double room for single occupancy which is what you were allocated. It was not that we would not change your room from what you had booked, we simply could not as we are completely sold out this week.I am sorry you are not happy whilst you still reside with us but if we do get a room back at any stage, we will be more than happy to upgrade you and have made note of same.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.