1,460 results
All reviews car ferry munster room private island presidential suite golf club driving range self catering lodges claw foot tub rose suite fairy tale round of golf washing machine sitting room family wedding old world short drive from start to finish
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Waterford castle was like something out of a dream. The interior is absolutely breathtaking in a truly old world sort of way! As you enter the lobby you are taken back in time by the huge magnificent fireplace cracking and the massive silk curtains hanging from the front rooms. The rooms are unique in every way. In addition we had the privilege of dining at the restaurant and it was literally one of the best meals I have had in my life! My husband and our friends agreed. Lastly, visit the bar and have them make anything on their cocktail list - these guys are masters of exquisite drinks done with opulent touches (think gold leaf stars). If you want to do something out of the ordinary then spend a night (or several) here!

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018

My Husband & I went for the Afternoon to Castle as we had Never been before I am origannly from Mullinavat and know the owner Seamus,we were not greeted professionally surprised there was No Lady or Gent to Greet us on Arrival and give us information about the Castle I asked about the Tapestry on wall The Girls on reception didn't have much information for Me we had food in Bar which I thought was really Cold and uninviting it was set up for Afternoon Tea we were seated at a small round table by the fire place it wasn't covered by Table Cloth and really too small for Lunch for Two persons as plates were Big My Husband Had the Battered Fish & Chips The Fish was lovely & Light he said but chips were Frozen and Not Fresh Hand Cut which we expected I had the Smoked Salmon Plate it was Ok would not order again overpriced for the portion @€17.50 Battered Fish was @€19.50 Desserts we had 2 @€9.00 and 2 Teas @€9.00 for us both Expensive Lunch I was Glad I Had A Voucher !! I was able to read about castle as I sat at table for Lunch when finished I was just about to ask if I could take information booklet with me as I looked around when A Gentleman in a Waterford castle jacket told me these booklets were only for Bar Tables and got me 2 from information stand @Reception the print was so small it was very Hard to Read!! Even with my reading Glasses It Needs to be resized for a bigger print Gardens were unkept I thought outside Hut was not fitting for A Castle Garden and Kitchen Herb Garden was really Unkept Overall experience Castle is Beautiful Staff Need to be more intuastic and educated in regard to Tapestries as they are one of the Most important items Adoring the Castle Walls It was an interesting visit to see what it had to offer
Regards
Geraldine O'Leary

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Treated family to afternoon tea. Lovely setting with good service. Food was ok but not awesome. Focus on sugary bites rather than savory eats. Scones were small, poor quality and not tasty. However great selections of teas.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We are just back today after a super weekend staying at the lodges. There was a wedding in the castle on Sat evening which we were notified of several times in advance but we had a lovely meal in the club house.
Our group of 12, aged from 2 to 78 and we found the houses to be well equipped and comfortable. Last night a few of us went to the castle bar for a drink and we relaxed in front of the largest fireplace I have ever seen.
We are going to extend the trip to a full week next year. I travel alot for work and havely rarely visited a venue where you can be super informal having a beer in your flipflops on your patio or within five minutes walk fine dining in a castle or good wholesome food over looking a picture perfect landscape.
The staff are a credit to the place and even the young part-time staff were professional and capable at all times.
We did not dine in the hotel but the food was very good in the club house.
Overall exceptional quality at a very fair price.
Thank you for a great experience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Never stayed at a castle. This was my goal. We drove in from Dublin and it was worth it. There are 19rooms Inc,Duong 4 suites. We have the Wedgewood Suite. Huge. Princess bucket item checked.
They also accommodated our request regarding dinner. Very eager to work with us.

Room Tip: Once in a lifetime chance. Do it.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple