1,202 results
All reviews kids club horse riding leisure centre breakfast train great family hotel family break wedding venue reception area bit dated each evening both nights bar food friendly hotel breakfast and dinner food was lovely wedding reception great weekend
Reviewed 17 April 2018

We had booked for two nights but at last minute I had to cancel the first night, the girls on reception were very understanding. Staff in general were extremely friendly and went out of their way to help. I also forgot my jacket and Mags kindly offered to post it down to me. Great hotel, lovely atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank swordsireland
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

A fine hotel for a weekend break, with lots of facilities and a handy link into various outdoor activities. Breakfast was great though the dinner menu might benefit from a few more options. Staff were generally very helpful though it seems it is necessary to book spa treatments at least a few days in advance. Rooms were nice and clean, and quite spacious. All in all a good option for a Westport stay - we hope to be back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Attended a wedding here recently. Very enjoyable event. Hotel has some lovely features & decor. Food, both at the wedding and the following morning at breakfast was good. However there a lot of small things that need improving that would make this a great hotel. During wedding there was numerous issues with waiting for food, to wine to tea. At our table quite a bit of spillage of wine & tea from staff. Check in was fine, had to wait for room to be cleaned, however that night at 9pm i got a call asking when i would be checking in even though i had done so already. Nice room, lovely comfortable bed. Cleaning could be improved which would have created a better impression.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank VSF1969
Michael L, Owner at Westport Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Vincent

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at my hotel.

It is good to get real written experiences by our guests as it is quite easy to explain where service improvements are required.

We will improve in the areas you mentioned and apologies for our short comings.

Give me a call the next time you are visiting Westport and I’ll look after you.

087 2605672

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Would recommend this for families - as a couple I wouldn’t recommend it over holiday periods as it is very much a family orientated hotel. Great facilities seemed to be available for people with children. We made use of the spa and the treatments that we received were lovely. Breakfast was average. Service in the cafe/bar for dinner was quite slow. Food was ok - small things let it down.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah L
Michael L, Owner at Westport Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Sarah L

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at my hotel over the Easter Holiday. I agree with you that my hotel mainly attracts families with school children during the festive weekends and Summer school holidays. We really try and over achieve with our go!kids! entertainment at these times.

That being said we do have an entire bedroom floor which are for couples only and children don’t sleep there. So plenty of ‘conairí ciúin’ - quiet corridors.

Of course we don’t forget the many couples whom travel upon weekends that there are not as many kids staying, we have some great Spa and Horseriding packages, great value and great fun.

Give me a call if you are considering a return visit to Westport in the future.

Mobile: 087 2605672

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Do not stay here on a holiday period. Children running mad everywhere with no parental supervision/no hotel management supervision. A good floor manager is needed here to shift the gangs from reception area, stairs, corridors etc etc
There should be an area for people travelling without children.
Have never had an experience like this before! Don't think I will ever be back here.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J4289DFinfo

Thank you for your review and I would like to apologise for the discomfort caused by the number of children running wild as you describe.

We promote our famous go!kids! Family Holiday entertainment Kiddie Organisers to look after children and give them a great time away from our hotel lobby and corridors. Unfortunately this Easter we were stretched in this department and as a result you did not have the experience that I know we can deliver.

I’d like to invite you back sometime in the future. Give me a call upon my mobile 087 2605672 to discuss further.