1,320 results
All reviews hamptons restaurant molton brown toiletries dunnes stores turn down service afternoon tea the executive lounge sparkling water five star hotel car park eggs benedict star service limerick city lovely hotel junior suite steam room location is excellent top class
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived and reception was busy was told restaurants were fully booked but that we could maybe get a table in the Hamptons next door for 9pm. Our room wasn’t great - tv had terrible signal, a telephone beside the bed which had lots of the push buttons missing, a fridge just being used as part of the furniture in the middle of the room between the desk and chair, someone walked into our room without even knocking about ten minutes after our arrival, we were overlooking a dirty multi story car park and had a bus stop just outside which seemed to be a meeting g point for lots of young people eating pizza on the street until the early hours. We walked next door to ask about booking a room - couldn’t call as the numbers on the phone were missing. They were able to offer 7.30 or 8 when I went in person. Finally valet parking was fine but car left outside behind a bus and I had to reverse out onto a main road -3/4 lanes of traffic at a crossroads junction. I was nearly clipped twice in the process so think valet could have waited and directed me out or placed my car in front of the bus as it was wAiting for a large no of guests to arrive. I was in a hurry to attend a business conference. Do not compare this with other Savoy hotels - it’s nowhere nowhere on the same comparison and I would be urging the tourist board to relook at the rating of this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank N6RDK
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My friend and I went for afternoon tea in the Savoy. We were to say the least very disillusioned by what we got.
We paid 28 per head and were charged extra for the coffees.
We had a booking, arrived in at about 1.45pm. Never asked our name and shown to our seats. I asked for a coffee, which I was given but had to ask for milk. 10 min later got the milk but the coffee was cold. Asked for a hot cup. 45 min after ordering the Afternoon tea arrived. We were actually contemplating getting up and leaving at this stage.
The food was a complete anticlimax. The sandwiches fingers were just plain bread and one had a bit of Parma ham.plain egg mayo and chicken curry. For a 5 * hotel we were a bit shocked. We were offered a complementary glass of prcecosso by a nice waitress but declined as we were driving. We had to ask for the tea, coffee and jam.
Any way we left half of it asked for the bill and were shocked to see we were charged for the coffees.
We decided to speak with a manger who was very nice and apologetic. We have us a voucher for a lunch . To be honest we paid and we weren't looking for anything. I don't think we will use the voucher.
This was my first and last time going for afternoon tea . Big rip off and poor service. Very disappointing.
You definitely do not get value for money.
That's all I have to say.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ellen E
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Lovely 5 ⭐️ hotel in the centre of Limerick. Service was excellent. We had a junior suite on th3 5th floor. I5 was very spacious and well equipped. A bit of street noise at night but after a glass or two of Shiraz we heard nothing. Library restaurant was very good. Service was excellent. Thanks Emma and Damian. On our second night we dined in Alex Findlater’s Supper Club and Grill Room. Again the service was excellent. Their celebration package is really great value.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank jimmcnmos
Reviewed 1 September 2018

We stayed in the OBriend suite for 2 nights and had a fantastic time. The room was amazing with a very large bathroom. Staff were great and very helpful. Breakfast was until noon which was great and had all fresh and locally produced food.

Room Tip: Our suite was on fifth floor and perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hcaulfield2014
Reviewed 29 August 2018

family all celebrated our niece graduation in the Savoy Restaurant. we were well greeted, seated, 20 persons all served in no time. food menu "Table d'Hote was €29, with an excellent choice.food was excellent, lovely presentation, and ample portions.service was very efficient, friendly, smiley staff. the restaurant was very busy on the evening, so book early, Ala carte menu is also available. Bang Bang chicken seemed very popular with our group. upgrade bistro style, nice atmosphere in restaurant.

Room Tip: parking is just in parking pay area around the road.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family