All reviews ennis road burger restaurant diner attached big tesco budget hotels shannon airport petrol station water pressure night's sleep the ground floor would stay again city centre joes receptionist lorraine roundabout taxi
Reviewed 30 June 2018

During our 5 week trip we have now stayed with Travelodge on two occasions (both in Ireland) and the check in process has been unnecessary hassle.

This stay in Limerick was our second prebooked stay. When we arrived I said I had a booking and gave my name. The Receptionist pulled out my booking and asked if I wanted to pay by card or cash; she didn't look at the booking first to see that it had already been prepaid.

The TV in our room wasn't working; but because Travelodge only have a single member of working at night so wasn't able to get to us until 9:40pm. She wasn't able to fix the TV and immediately offered a replacement room - very well handled.

To the management team of Travelodge in Ireland; you need to review how your online bookings are produced and how staff are trained to manage guests on arrival.

Traveling from New Zealand to Ireland, we were very surprised to find so many hotel staff were Polish & not Irish. Irish people are known for their soft vowels & welcoming personality; for Polish people this is not the case. Their harder voices & no-nonsense attitude is not a welcome benefit for visitors with a different expectation of what a visit to Ireland will give as a first impression on arrival at a business.

Just to be clear; the Receptionist did her very best, but she is not adequately trained; or supported by another member of staff.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lathkill
Des H, Manager at Travelodge Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Lathkill
Thank you for taking time to leave feedback on Tripadviser, we are grateful for your kind comment on the staff and the way they dealt with the television problem. I am sorry you feel that our Polish team members do not appear as welcoming as the Irish, however I would have to disagree, we receive very positive feedback on our Polish colleagues along with all nationality's on a regular basis, and we are delighted to have such a diverse population now to choose from. As a Nation we are certainly the richer with our immigrants.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

warm regards

Des

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I booked my single room as I was accompanying a school sports team.
Hall way and stairs tired and worn looking.
My room clean and acceptable.
But... treatmemt of the group of kids just awful. It took 40 minutes for them to actually check in... total confusion and mayhem.
When the booking was made by phone breakfast was not paid for at the time but the teacher who booked was given a breakfast time of 8-8.30 for the kids who would then pay individually.
However on trying to confirm breakfast with the restaurant attached to the hotel we were told there was NO availability!
So 13 kids now left with no breakfast and due to play another important game at 10 am.
NEVER NEVER will I stay in this hotel.
Room rate with breakfast was over 100 euro so it's not exactly cheap.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank illonaduffy
Des H, Manager at Travelodge Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear illondaduffy

Dear illonaduff Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with checkin, we cater for large rooms regularly and this is never an issue. I am surprised you found the hallway and stairs in the condition you say considering the hotel had a refurbishment last year including new carpets throughout. We try to always have received in advance a rooming list, along with the total payment, this allows a speedy and efficient checkin process. The restaurant is operated by an independent operator and we do our best to facilitate all our valued guests. Just to clarify we made several attempts to ascertain a time you would like to have breakfast and eventually contact was made with the restaurant but somewhat late, resulting in a limited option on timings as they were extremely busy on that particular weekend. They did not refuse your group breakfast but offered a time which they could facilitate you. I have passed your feedback to the Restaurant operator, and they wish to convey their apologies for any inconvenience caused. We are very disappointed that you have left us with such a negative experience, and we do hope you will allow us the opportunity in the future to restore your confidence in Travelodge Limerick.
Warm regards Des

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I have stayed at many Travelodge Hotels. You get a good room and a really comfortable bed. Yesterday 1st of April, I booked into the Ennis Road, Limerick, Travelodge. I must compliment the lady who booked me in and was working for the entire afternoon and evening. She could not have been more helpful and professional. I didn’t record her name but there should be little difficulty identifying her. A credit to Travelodge hotels. The room was clean, warm, comfortable and in top class condition. Overall excellent service and value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for it!...I did and I got what I asked for.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Des H, Manager at Travelodge Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear barryorourke
thank you for your very kind and positive feedback following your recent stay with us at Travelodge Limerick. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and are most grateful for such a review.
We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future to Limerick.
Des

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Exactly what you would expect in terms of quality and comfort. We had a corner room that was spacious, light and comfortable. If you like American dining then this is ideal. The Diner next door does a great breakfast, burgers hotdogs and milkshakes. The location is right on the edge of the city so budget for a taxi in to town (11 euros each way). For evening entertainment we went to Dolan's and had a great night.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear Ian C
Thank you for your wonderful appraisal of our Hotel following your recent stay in Limerick, The team and I are thrilled to read such positive feedback, are we are very grateful for to you for this. We take tremendous pride in our guest satisfaction and the comfort of our guests is paramount.
We do hope to have the pleasure of your custom in the future.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Simple basic hotel with a good burger restaurant next door and and excellent, helpful front office staff.

Some travelers might be put-off by the quirkiness of the motel, but we found it perfect for our jet lag recovery and a good base for the surrounding area.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear jeralde
We do hope to have the pleasure of your custom in the future.