2,250 results
All reviews pet farm kids club outdoor infinity pool petting zoo family hotel leisure centre go karts underfloor heating lovely hotel family break superior room steam room games room top class walk in shower both nights relaxation room
Reviewed 27 May 2016

I was at Newpark hotel last weekend and I must say I was very disappointed we paid €480 for a Sweet treat room two night bed and breakfast and one evening meal, I was very disappointed it was not worth the money.When we got to the room there was no sweet treats there which was very disappointing as we paid extra for it. Within the first hour of arrival we had to move rooms as the sink was broken then the second room the toilet kept blocking, then the Saturday night the hotel was full of kids they were running up and down the halls well after 1am Saturday night banging on the room doors needless to say we didn't get much sleep when I tried to phone down to reception the button on the phone it didn't seem to be working. When it came to breakfast I informed the staff that I was a coeliac and Dairy intolerant they then informed me that it was fine that they keep soya products in stock so when I asked for soya milk they didn't have any which was very disappointing as they had only told me minutes beforehand that they had, I also ordered two poached eggs which I had to send back as they were raw on the inside. When it came to checking out when I told the manager about the issues we had they only give us a €50 discount which we also disappointing as it's not very often myself and my husband get a weekend away without our 4 kids was very disappointed with the whole experience will not be going back again....... The only reason I am giving 2 stars and not 1 is because the dinner on Saturday evening was very nice..

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GMH84
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2016

Dear Gillian,
Thank you for your recent review.
While I appreciate you sharing your recent experience with us I can assure you your stay is in no way indicative of the service delivered to guests here at The Newpark on a daily basis. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your recent visit with us in detail and I have listed my contact detail below for your reference.
I look forward to hearing from you
Warm Regards
Mark Dunne
Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

Had two nights here in a great hotel.

Lovely spacey room. Comfy bed. Great evening meal, even though it was little over priced

Would happily stay here again without any issue.

Really wish they had baked beans for breakfast, because that would be the unsung on the cake

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Briefly, I dined in Scotts to celebrate my dear Mothers birthday and the team there made it all such a special occasion. Our 'server', Olivia was the perfect host and the food was delicious. Newpark seem always to work hard on delivering great service but really excelled on this occasion. Well done all, and Thank You team Newpark! NS

Room Tip: Allowing booking of tables for Scotts.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2016

This was our first time staying here and I will be staying again in the future.I couldn't fault them in any way everything was great the food,the staff and especially our room so I highly recommend staying here for your mini break away.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sab877
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

We are regularly visitors to The Newpark when passing through or staying in Kilkenny. Travelling to Waterford last Friday May 20 we stopped with two small children for a bite to eat and break. There was a wedding in the hotel and it was really busy which is understandable. As the bar was also jammed we took a table out in the lobby close to the restaurant. We were waiting for a good while for a member of staff to come over. Eventually I asked one member of staff as she passed if we could get a menu or order drinks to start. She said she was looking after the wedding and couldn't help. She never offered to get someone else to come out. My husband was changing the baby's nappy and I was left with other daughter and couldn't go back into the busy bar. We ended up just leaving. Really disappointed Newpark that the basic customer service couldn't be met. I don't think our expectations were too high with two small kids to have someone tame our order in the lobby .....

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Farrellfamily
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

Dear FarrellFamily,

Thank you for your review.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your recent visit with us when it’s convenient and I have listed my contact details below for your reference.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards