2,640 results
All reviews punchbowl bar mary mac garden room restaurant train station reading room beautiful hotel junior suite leisure centre old world self catering top class old style family wedding bar food lovely room reception area last weekend
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed at the Great Southern for three days last week. I had stayed in this hotel several years ago but do not remember it being anywhere as nice as we found it last week. From the time we drove up to the hotel from when we left we were treated to excellent service. Everyone was friendly and very helpful throughout. We had a suite that had recently been remodeled. The bed was larger and very comfortable, the room was well appointed and the bath was spacious. The breakfast was very good and the dining room was beautiful. My wife and I highly recommend the Great Southern! You cannot go wrong here.

Room Tip: We had a suite and it was spacious and well appointed.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Dave K
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our first trip to Ireland with Royal Irish Tours and we were treated to a beautiful experience all around. No need to check in on a tour, luggage arrived at our room very quickly, staff were courteous and helpful. Breakfasts and dinners were delicious. Most of our group was disappointed that they didn’t have a chance to enjoy dessert as they had tickets to a performance and had to leave early but stayed and enjoyed our dessert immensely. Some of the group had to forgo hot water in the morning but we heard that they received little bottles of Baileys and chocolates. They know how to treat their guests! I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Judy G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family have just returned from a few days break in the Great Southern Hotel in Killarney and couldn’t recommend it highly enough. A big thank you to all the staff who made us feel so welcome. We loved our stay!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank marylV4045TP
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My parents are living in Killarney and since I'm often there I called my sister, her husband & daughter from Limerick so we all can go and treat ourselves with fancy dinner. My niece just graduated. Garden Room Rest in Great Southern hotel was our choice. Although it was crowded and we waited a lot for food, we were very happy there from the beginning- got a nice table, manager personally came to open and pour wines and we had amazing waitress Maria, not only that she met all our wishes, at the end she bring plate with macarons and strawberries on which it was written congratulations for my niece. Such a nice touch!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank MaryT3756
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Superb location and facilities. But then it would be after we had been upgraded from Junior Suite to the Grand Suite without asking. I do wish we had dined there more than we did. All hotels should be as good as the Great Southern..

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo