1,599 results
All reviews the penthouse jacuzzi bath guest house copper kettle an upgrade excellent location public car park pubs and restaurants central location breakfast was included two nights beautiful room centre of town ring of kerry irish breakfast second to none top class
Reviewed 28 April 2018

The staff were friendly and helpful -- our room was large and the bathroom clean and modern. They held our luggage for us since we arrived very early and again after checkout. Hotel is in the heart of town -- would highly recommend and will definitely stay here again myself. Breakfast was absolutely fabulous too.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Angela-Deputy-Mgr, Front Office Manager at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Many thanks for your review, and your nice comments.
We would love to see you again soon at The Fairview.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Booked here last minute just a quick over night stay when I arrived receptionist was friendly said their was a nicer room with a king bed and a jacuzzi bath for an extra 20 euro if we would like that instead we said yes why not as I always like a king bed if only it was a king bed, in fact it was only 2 single beds pushed together every time we went into the middle of it we were nearly falling down between it wasn’t even a king mattress just two single beds with a king sheet and covers so wasn’t impressed and as for the room it was a bit musky and kinda dirty saw a good bit of dust in areas the bath had a few bits of dust in it and just looked rather dirty I gave it a rinse out before I decided to take a bath and the shower also could do with a bit of a scrub as I saw between the shower door a lot of muck, towels were worn and hard not atal what I’d expect out of a four star wouldn’t return.

Stayed: April 2018
4  Thank michaela w
Angela-Deputy-Mgr, Manager at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Thanks Michael, for your review. I am sorry you were disappointed here. I checked the history and so many of our gusts have stayed in this same room and left glowing reviews. Your review is certainly an anomaly, and I was sorry to hear this as we try so hard to please our guests (and our past reviews are so positive across the board). Clearly, something must have been wrong in our case, and it's a pity you did not come to talk to us while you stayed, as we would have happily helped and given you a different room if necessary. We have 24x7 reception cover, and help is always a quick call.

In terms of the king bed, this is a very large bed and is a purpose built split link bed typically used in 5-Star hotels. Indeed, the split link configuration is the prevailing norm in all of the higher end hotels like our own (across Ireland and overseas). When assembled there should be no noticeable difference. What might have happened here is our accommodation staff might not have made the bed correctly in changing the mattress covers, and the split links not joined correctly. I will talk to our accommodation manager to have this prioritised in our checklist.

I can assure you that the room was neither musky or dirty. A feature of the hotel is expensive teak wood in a number of the rooms, which many of our guests love as it crates a vintage theme (and which are spotlessly clean). So I'm wondering if this might have given you a false impression if you are not used to vintage furniture. Interestingly, all towels were changed across the hotel in the last couple of weeks, so it surprises me to hear that you felt they were worn (they were all new!!).

At any rate, please do come back to us and ask for me (Angela), and we'll endeavour to do our best to help turn this around for you. Thanks for staying with us, hopefully we can look forward to seeing you again and I'll personally manage your stay with us - cheers, Angela

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Stayed here on the 14th and 15th of April, the hotel is absolutely beautiful. It is situated right in the heart of Killarney, you don't have to walk far to get a bite to eat or shopping. Anne that works there was very helpful in recommending a place to get food and to give you a late pint or 2.. There was another lady that works there ( didn't catch her name) but has short hair that is just so lovely as well. Good selection on breakfast and didnt have to wait both mornings. Pent house is booked out most weekends but the double executive room is luxurious and why not slip into the jetted bathtub. Very happy with our stay and hope to be back in the future..

Room Tip: Room 214 has a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anto M
Angela-Deputy-Mgr, Front Office Manager at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

We hope to see you again soon at The Fairview.
That was myself Angela, Many thanks from both Anne & Myself for your nice comments.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Checked in late on bank holiday Saturday. What I can I say, it was a last minute decision, but an amazing little discovery.

The woman on the desk when I checked in was so so nice and welcoming. She gave us a fantastic room, with a beautiful jacuzzi bath, just absolute delight.

Breakfast the next morning was also gorgeous, not often you see eggs Benedict on a hotel breakfast menu.

Overall, we absolutely loved this place and the next time we are in Killarney, Fairview will 100% the place we will return too!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 April 2018

We stayed here for one night last week and enjoyed our day in Killarney. Our triple room was very nice and clean. There was plenty of space for 2 adults and a teenager. The only negative is the parking. The closest deck is around the corner and the street you have to walk down was a little shady. I didn't feel unsafe but it's not the nicest part of town. Otherwise the location is excellent. You can walk to everything in town.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family