Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Kayaking on the Corrib

My wife and myself had an excellent evening kayaking on the Corrib river in the sunshine. Duncan... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
johnnycarey
Clonmel, Ireland
via mobile
Amazing ,safe,very enjoyable!

From start to finish Duncan couldn't have been more professional and made the whole experience fun... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
3bredaa
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Galway
from US$72.51
from US$60.42
from US$54.38
from US$81.57
More Info
All reviews kayaking trip corrib river great kayaking fantastic afternoon brilliant experience lovely trip fantastic guide spend an afternoon own pace great company few hours small group great craic local history duncan instructor menlo
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

What can I say, this kayaking trip was the highlight of our staycation in Galway. Duncan was a true gent who gave us a run through of all things kayaking and got us as much time as possible on the water. We felt really relaxed and comfortable on the water, chatting about anything and everything. The setup is safe and enjoyable and I would thoroughly recommend it to anybody looking for a relaxing escape from the city. A+

Good morning Cian,
thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. It has been great to get back on the water, enjoying the fun of kayaking and taking in the scenery again.
I'm going to keep an ear out for that story you told me to see if it ends up on the podcast !

Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

Fantastic kayaking trip on the Corrib. It was so relaxing and tranquil which I wasn't expecting. It was the highlight of my recent visit to Connemara. Duncan was an amazing guide. Highly recommend 'Give it a Go'

Good morning Marie,
I'm so glad you enjoyed the kayaking. That sense of peace and calm is something that I really appreciate about kayaking and it's great to hear that you experienced it too.
Thank you for the review. Have a good summer!

Reviewed 10 June 2021

we are a family of four 2 adults two children aged 9 and 12. We arrived early and tired from a not so good nights sleep in the hotel but our mood was changed straight away by Duncan who is a fun knowledgeable guide who went out of his way to make sure we had a great experience . Myself and my husband done kayaking once before in Wexford this was a completely different experience in all the right ways. We were given brand new dry clean wet suits jackets life vests all in excellent condition.
My nine year old daughter said her arms were sore but she had an amazing time she loved the jaffa cakes that Duncan brought along for us to eat. She is talking about going back for her Birthday.
My 12 year old said the instructor was very friendly and helpful when we kept getting stuck in the reeds and is also talking about going again.Highly recommend Give it a go you wont find a better kayaking experience. Dont have one bad thing to say.Thanks so much Duncan you made our Morning and thanks for fitting us in at late notice, feel free to share our photos. Steph Mark Megan and April. Sallins co.kildare

1  Thank StephanieMark

Hello folks,
reading over your review, it really means a lot to me, thank you. It's so important to me that people of all ages and experience levels can enjoy kayaking. I put a lot of thought and energy into creating opportunities for this to happen and it is such a boost to read your feedback.
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. Hopefully you might be back again at some stage.

Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

Had a lovely afternoon kayaking. Nice small group of 5. Very peaceful on the water. Duncan is great, very helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend it as a great experience

Date of experience: May 2021
dunwar, Owner at Give It A Go, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

First week back on the water and first review of the season!
Thank you for taking the time to write about your kayaking experience.
It's great that people are able to get out and enjoy activities in the beautiful spaces we have around us.

Reviewed 22 October 2020

Excellent half day kayak trip on the Corrib with Duncan. Very knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with. Highly recommended. Even to local Galway people, get out there and see your locality from the water, an entirely different angle and perspective.

Date of experience: October 2020
dunwar, Owner at Give It A Go, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others.
I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully there'll be more opportunities to get out on the water again soon.