Grand Canal Hotel
US$330
US$295
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$134
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$139
1,898 results
All reviewsgasworks baraviva stadiumtheatre packagedart stationgas workscity centretheatre breakbord gais theatreminute walkfree car parkinglovely hotelbar foodbooked this hotelreception staffstayed here for one nighthotel bartwin room
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Grand Canal is excellently situated for the Bord Gais theatre. A quick walk to and from meant we were able to make the most of our time. It is a pleasant walk into he city centre 20 minutes to Grafton Street where there are plenty of shops. The room it’s self had excellent facilities great views over the Avia Stadium. Exceptionally clean and spacious. We enjoyed drinks in the Gasworks that night as they had a wide range of craft beers on tap.

Would recommend this to anyone especially anyone for the theatre or match at the Avia.

Room Tip: Book through Hotel to get complimentary parking.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ruthhooks01
GCHDublin, Manager at Grand Canal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
I am delighted that you stayed with us for your recent theatre trip. As you mention the hotel is also a short walk to the Aviva Stadium, I really appreciate your recommendation. It is great that you enjoyed the facility in the room as well as finding time during your visit to have a drink in Gasworks Bar. I very much hope that you will return to stay with us soon, in the meantime your kind comments and lovely review is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent location, we were attending a show in the Board gais theatre which is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel. We had a very nice dinner in the hotel & breakfast was good. parking was free . Hotel bar was lively for drink post the show. Everything was fine no complaints..

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joe l

Dear Guest,
I am delighted that you chose to stay with us for your trip to the Theatre. It is great that you enjoyed dinner and breakfast at the hotel and found the 10 minute walk to be convenient. As you mention the Gasworks Bar is very popular both with guests and locals so we are lucky that it is nice and lively. I very much hope that you will come back to visit us again soon, in the meantime we appreciate your very nice review.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was absolutely beautiful, the room we stayed in was gorgeous however it would be nice to have air conditioning as the room got very warm in the evening. A later check out option would be another option :) The hotel staff are very friendly and they even let us keep the car in the car park after check out whilst we explore Dublin a little more before we left to go home. Overall a great stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hollyallmark94

Dear Guest,
I am delighted that you chose the Grand Canal Hotel for your visit to Dublin. It is great that you found our rooms to be beautiful and the staff at the hotel to be friendly and accommodating. I have made a note of your comments regarding the Air conditioning, it is something that we will look into putting into all of the rooms during future upgrades. Thank you for your review, I hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Bit of confusion at reception regarding pre=payment but all sorted eventually once the Front Office Manager was involved. Rooms and comfy and fairly modern, lack air-con which combined with the heating being on arrival led to a fairly warm stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank dje1990
GCHDublin, General Manager at Grand Canal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
I am sorry to read that there was confusion on check-in but I am glad that it got sorted out for you. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have made a note of your comments regarding the heat in the room, we are just coming out of a cold snap so will be turning them down or off for arriving guests from now on. I hope that you will be back in Dublin again soon and that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good hotel in its' price range. The rooms were very clean and all furniture looked almost as new. Spacious bath room. Only downside was the fact the room was situated at the street side and I got woken by trafiic around 6AM.

Room Tip: Turn off the heating in the room before the guests enter. My room was far too warm when I entered it he first time.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank RandyDK

Dear Guest,
I am delighted that you chose to stay with us on your recent trip to Dublin. I am sorry to read that you found the traffic to be noisy, we do have triple glazing at the front of the hotel to combat the noise. Thank you for your very nice comments about the room and the decor. Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel, I very much hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.