“Stunning property!”
other travellers have booked this property
Front of House, with parking for 4 vehicles
Front of House
National Botanical Gardens
Glasnevin Cemetery
Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
Andersons, award-winning food hall and cafe
McMahons, charming local cafe
Gravediggers Traditional Tavern
The Washerwoman, local restaurant
The Washerwoman, local restaurant
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

DonnaMB
Glasgow
“Stunning property!”
Reviewed 15 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Just returned from a week's stay in this beautiful property - can't recommend it highly enough. I'd echo everything other reviewers have said. The house has everything you could want - very spacious and perfectly decorated rooms, a stunning dining room looking directly into the well-tended gardens, and a newly installed smart TV if you fancy a lazy day watching Netflix. We were lucky enough to enjoy some lovely sunny weather, which meant we could spend time in the garden, which is also equipped with a barbecue - perfect for summer entertaining. Simon and Geraldine were always on hand to provide tips and assistance as required, and left a lovely welcome pack of home made bread and scones, as well as some of the essentials - a nice touch. They made us feel very much at home, and I've no doubt the property will be in constant demand over the summer.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The dining room/garden area/tv room
Liked least: nothing!
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
15 Jun 2015
Hi Donna,

It was lovely meeting you and your parents and I am happy you enjoyed yourselves so much,sorry once again about the Tv issue but I am happy that the replacement smart tv did the trick.We would love to have you back as you brought some of the best weather we have had this year!

Give my regards to your Mum and Dad,they are fantastic,so positive,easy going and full of energy.

Thank you again for booking with me,I really appreciate it

All the best,take care and enjoy the rest of the summer

Simon,Geraldine & Frank
Dempsey14
London, United Kingdom
“Well equipped and comfortable”
Reviewed 4 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

This is a good location about 20 minutes drive from airport and near a motor way for a quick day trip outside Dublin. The area didn't get a nod of approval from our local friends but the house was on a quiet and nice street. No problem.
Our family of 5 plus extended family stayed here for a week. It is large enough to cater a large group and still feel comfortable. Everything in the house works and is well maintained. There were 9 of us and we were struggling a bit with just 2 bathrooms. An extra toilet would help.

The outdoor kitchen was greatly enjoyed by the men and cooked very efficiently. We all enjoy the small but lovely garden.

There are loads of board games for children.

Simon is nice and always on call when we needed help.

Travelling group: Extended Family
15 Jun 2015
Hi Philip,

Thank you for your feedback,it was nice meeting you and all the family,I am happy you enjoyed the outdoor area with BBQ as much as my family do as this is our home in off season,it is a wonderful space to relax and kickback with friends and family.Give my regards to your Dad,as us Irish say he was great olde crack!

Thank you Philip for choosing to stay with me

SarahThra...
Orlando, Florida
“Quiet, Clean, Comfy, Large Vacation Rental”
Reviewed 26 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We enjoyed our 2 night stay at this Vacation Rental. It is in a quiet neighborhood away from the crazy big city!! Just a few minutes drive to Dublin airport. Very clean, comfy beds, lots of room for a large family. The yard has beautiful gardens and a great outdoor area to spend time outside. Simon was very nice and went out of his way to make sure we were happy!! We had a great vacation and we are glad we chose this rental to stay in! Thanks so much Simon!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, quiet, roomy, clean, gardens, decorated nicely and Simon.
Liked least: Needs more bathrooms for large family.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
29 May 2015
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your feedback,I enjoyed meeting you all and I am happy you enjoyed this house as much as my family & I do as this is our family home in off season but I have to say that I wish I had green fingers but I do not and hire a great gardener from Tipperary called Anthony,I will pass your comments regarding the garden onto him as he has a real passion for gardening and I think you would agree that he is doing a fantastic job on my garden.

Give my regards to all your family and thank you once again for staying with me

Enjoy the rest of the summer

Amanda890
“Beautiful, spacious, great location and a wonderful experience!!”
Reviewed 13 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I stayed here with a group of friends and we had the most amazing time! Location was fantastic! Only about 10 minutes from Dublin City centre which was easily accessible and fairly cheap via taxi. The house is truly a work of art! Contrasting traditional granduer with quirky modern touches! The spacious bedrooms and living areas were perfect for our larger group. I fell in love with the little picturesque front garden. The back of the house exhibits a beautifully landscaped patio area which is perfect for entertaining and would be amazing for BBQ's during the summer. The owner of the property (Simon) and his house manager (Geraldine) were both very friendly and welcoming. They were very attentive and helpful providing great recommendations for restaurants and takeaways during our stay. We enjoyed their special touches such as homemade Guinness wheaten bread and freshly baked scones!! I would highly recommend this holiday rental!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
14 May 2015
Hi Amanda,

Happy you had such a fantastic weekend,sorry I did not get to meet you in person but I happy you enjoyed the house as much as I do in off season,it truly is a magnificent family home for sure.It was a pleasure hosting you and your fellow guests

Give my regards to all the gang

Regards
Simon & Geraldine
Tom M
“Excellent house - lovely hosts”
Reviewed 6 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

I travelled to Dublin from Scotland with 10 friends and we all stayed in this accomodation for 4 nights.

The team at Near City Rentals (NCR) are very accommodating and made us feel very welcome. Upon arrival the house was full of homey touches that make you smile - such as fresh scones in the kitchen and snacks in the bedrooms. NCR were both very helpful by recommending activities in the local area and by being flexible with our changes to prior arrangements. The house has excellent facilities and comfortably fitted all of us in it. The only negative comment I have is that the internet was a little bit unreliable which made it difficult to plan activities on occasions. Would thoroughly recommend to a group of friends :)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Living room and bbq area
Liked least: Internet can be a little unreliable
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Large groups People with pets
10 Oct 2014
Hi Tom,

Thank you for feedback and I am happy you and your friends had such a great time,sorry to hear you had issues with the WiFi,I can assure you this is not a normal occurrence,as we pride ourselves in having everything just right for our guests.I will get my technician to service the whole system to make sure that this problem does not occur going forward

Simon
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing