Trinity Lodge
US$158
US$234
US$224
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$333
US$317
  • Pool
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$217
US$233
US$210
Hotels.com
All reviewstrinity collegegreat locationgrafton streetquiet streetgeorgian buildingyogurtsmall hoteltemple barroom was spaciouscentral locationthe ground floorirish breakfastwithin easy walking distancecooked breakfastluggagekellsiron
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First, the rooms are in separate buildings. This is not a conventional hotel. We had to go across the street, use a key to open the outer door, then an RF dongle to open the inner door, then another key to open our room. Our room was on the first floor facing the street. The windows were nearly floor to ceiling so the pedestrians had a perfect view into our room. We had to keep the curtains shut the entire time we were there. And then there is the street noise, people talking, cars, busses, delivery vehicles early in the morning, there was just no quiet time. And it's not just the street noise. I think every time someone in the building went into their room we heard their door slam. The room looked modern as if it had been renovated in the past 5 or 10 years. The tub was fiberglass with a long crack below the shower door. The vinyl strip on the bottom of the shower door was coming off. As is typical in rooms like this, there is very little space in the bathroom for toothpaste, toothbrush, razor, comb, etc. and NO extra hooks for towels. The towel hook is an industry wide problem...they want you to reuse your towels to save them money but they won't provide even a hook to hang your towel so it can dry out for using a second time. And finally, there was the staff. The person working the desk was polite and friendly but full of wrong or bad information. We asked for the nearest Starbucks and he gave us directions to one 3 blocks away when there was one only 1 block away. He gave us directions to the nearest stop for the 757 Airlink bus but it was actually for the 747 bus and at least 2 blocks further than the stop for the 757 and in the opposite direction. We asked for a dinner recommendation and he sent us to O'Neills pub. He said it was a great tourist spot to which I replied "Tourist spots are usually not know for great food." He said he and his staff go there often so we decided to give it a try. As I suspected it was hole in the wall with really crappy food and even worse service. Three questions of the person working the desk got us 3 wrong answers. Combined with the lousy room I would never recommend this place to anyone going to Dublin. The week before we spend 1 night at Buswells, just 2 blocks away, and it was a lovely hotel, great room, and unbelievable service. I would have stayed there this time but they did not have a room and the reviews for Trinity Lodge looked almost as good as Buswells. From my experience, Buswells is in a totally different league than Trinity Lodge.

Room Tip: Do NOT select first floor street side!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy W
Trinity Lodge G, Guest Relations Manager at Trinity Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Nancy,

I would like to thank you for your stay and for your feedback as it can only motivate us to improve our service and I hope that you had a lovely time in Dublin. We respect and understand the fact that everyone is entitled to their opinion and while I am truly sorry that you didn't find your Trinity Lodge experience positive, I would still like to clarify a few things for our readers and potential guests.

We are spread over 3 buildings that are located side by side and unfortunately this is something we cannot change and there are plenty of properties across the world in the same situation. We do advertise this information on our website and on all our online booking engines.

Being a city center location, it might get noisy from time to time due to traffic and other reasons but as you can see from the previous reviews, it is overall a quiet area as there are no bars, shops etc. nearby therefore the nights are quiet.

Regarding the directions and recommendations offered by my colleague, as I understand from him you were unsure which bus route you actually have to take and he mentioned both the Starbucks coffee shop located one block away and 3 blocks away and I assure you that we're all aware of the shops and restaurants as well as bus stops located in our area. When it comes to restaurants and food preferences, this is something so individual as we're all different and have different tastes and my colleague only tried to give you his own opinion and suggestion but we're in no way responsible for our guests' choices. O'Neill is actually a loved spot by visitors and we never heard anyone complaining about it but then again, each to their own.

Ultimately, I would like to say that Buswells Hotel is indeed a great place and they deserve your praises. They've been good neighbors and partners to us for many years now.

Thank you again and we hope that you will return to our amazing city, wherever you might choose to stay.

My best wishes,

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is perfect to use as just a place to stay while enjoying Ireland/Dublin.

The rooms are outdated and the tv is spotty, but for me it was a wonderful location and a good value. I didn’t need a fancy room or tv so it suited me.

There is no lift so if you need a first floor room make sure to ask, they must have looked at me and thought I was pretty fit as I got put in the attic room and had to walk up/down 6 flights of stairs. Ha!

Wifi is also unreliable and I was never able to get a good connection, might have been my rooms location?

Also, there are no fridges in the room so plan accordingly if you have medicine or refrigerated items.

The breakfast has very limited hours so I didn’t get to eat there because I had to leave before they opened every day. I wish they opened earlier for travelers who have earlier flights or are taking tours.

All in all, I would stay here again -but I will ask for a first floor room next time!

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank TravelLight_GetLocal
Nicole B, Guest Relations Manager at Trinity Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear TravelLight_GetLocal,

Thank you very much for your feedback, the sincere opinion of our guests is our most valuable source of improvement.

You had one of our standard rooms and some of them do indeed have outdated TV's and no fridge; however we are excited about our renovation this year and can't wait to have you back for a second opinion. Regarding the lift, as we mentioned before, due to the Georgian nature of the buildings we can't have one and yes, it is recommended that guests contact us directly for any special requests in respect of lower floors.
We hope you had a great time exploring Dublin!
We would love to welcome you back again.
My best wishes,

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Wanted to stay in this are for a long time. I discovered this at the weekend and booked for Monday night. When we arrived the staff could not do enough for us. I believe the buildings are all going to be remodelled this year. Nice clean room it’s own bathroom could not except more for the money. Breakfast was very prompt in the morning.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerry B
Nicole B, Guest Relations Manager at Trinity Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Gerry,

We're always happy and proud to hear that we did not disappoint our guests's expectations.
Now that you finally got to stay with us, we hope to have you back sometime this or next year once our full remodeling ends, we're sure you will value us and our services even more.
Thank you for your kind words and we're looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

We booked this for one night as we wanted somewhere to stay rather than go home after a night out. It’s ideally centrally located in the city centre. The room was very nice and clean, staff very friendly. Breakfast was very tasty, good choice of hot food, cereals, yogurts, fruit, etc.

Highly recommend for a nite or more in Dublin City

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Nicole B, Guest Relations Manager at Trinity Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Irishcpl50,

Thank you so much, it's a great pleasure to know that you found Trinity Lodge perfect and all your kind words are really appreciated by all of us here.
We hope that you will return to us in the future, we would love to have you back.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

The room was nice,clean,perfect size for two. Big and clean bathroom.
Breakfast was perfect. They even have Gluten free options.
Great and helpful staff. Room service was great.
This hotel is in the heart of Dublin. It’s close to everything.2 min walk to Trinity collage, 5 min from the shopping street Grafton and St Stephens Green, around 7 min walk to Temple Bar area and 10-15 min walk to the Ha’penny bridge and O’ Connel street on the other side of the bridge.

The only bad thing is that there is no elevator and a lot of stairs if you get a room on the 4’th floor.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Nicole B, Guest Relations Manager at Trinity Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear te h,

We're delighted that you enjoyed your Trinity Lodge experience!
Thank you on behalf of all of us here for the kind words and for highlighting our excellent location and professional service.
Please do not hesitate to return to us next time you are visiting Dublin.