3,092 results
All reviews connolly station premier room train noise train line o'connell street temple bar breakfast room city centre lovely hotel hotel restaurant booked this hotel fantastic stay we arrived early following morning croke park full irish breakfast yogurt
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Location - the area was busy, hotel was too far to walk from main area, city centre, Grafton Street.
Hotel - was really nice.
Room - was really nice and clean.
Bed - was quite good.
Air conditioning - was really good.
Bathroom - was great.
Floor creaked really badly and floor tiles were loose in bathroom and they constantly moved when stepping on them. Not sure why so much.
Breakfast was included - was nice enough.
Service - great.
Wifi - great.
Room service - not great. I travel quite a bit, and it really annoys me when staff are just lazy. Iron was not put away, shower caps not left the second day, pillow cases dirty, sheets not changed, face towels not left, not enough coffee was left. Clients should not have to ask for these amenities.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Peter B, General Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hi VKNY44,

Thank you for your really constructive feedback on Trip advisor following your recent stay here at the North Star hotel.
While I am delighted that you have picked up on the great things we do in our nice hotel such as wifi and great beds along with good air conditioning, you have been fair in pointing out where we need to improve.
We think our location is great, but understand your thoughts while I do apologise for the shortcomings that you have suggested in housekeeping service and will work to improve the impression we give to all our guests.
Thanks again for the review and really hope you can return so we can demonstate the work we will have completed on some tiled areas and our housekeeping standards

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Was delayed for my train so I decided I would try the lunch in the North Star, it has been a year since my last experience which wasn’t great, but I thought it should have improved I. My god ,not only had it not improved , it has gotten worse. Despite putting behind me my previous experience ,I was impressed with the menu and the “SPECIALS OF THE DAY”,
Breast of Duck, which you don’t see in many established restaurants as a special,not during lunch time rush. Waited 50 mins.before waitress came to me to tell me that the vegetable to be served with the duck had changed. I said I didn’t mind so long as I wouldn’t have to wait much longer. 10 mins later THE DUCK arrived. Cold plate with breast of under cooked duck on a bed of cold greens with a few splashes of sauce and 1 large piping hot potato gratin. When I got the waitress attention she apologized and offered me something else if I wanted. When I asked if I could get something that wouldn’t take to long I was informed it would be 20 mins , and could I not see that thy were busy. I am not blind,I was a customer. €6 for large coke seems expensive !!!!
If this is what NORTH STAR think of single customer business then it has a long way to go to get my custom back as for the DUCK, they should keep it of the lunch specials. Don’t worry I definitely won’t be back, and I wouldn’t recommend to anyone .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Peter B, General Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear David D
A difference of opinion
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor following your lunch at the hotel yesterday.
There is no doubt that we failed to live up to your expectations, I therefore offer my sincere apologies.
Having reviewed the timing of your order and the delivery of you main course, it appears to be 21 minutes which is inexcusably long for our special, however not as long as you have suggested.
As you would have been aware, your train along with every other passengers train had been postponed as there was a major alert, and in consequence a closure of Connolly station just before you arrived in the Cookhouse.
The dish on being returned to the kitchen was inspected, probed and passed as being a dish we were satisfied with.
I would suggest that your description of our team members response to you is most unfair towards a very able and polite person. Having reviewed bar prices recently I note that our prices are on a par if not less than our competition in Dublin 1.
Please be assured that we value all our guests and really hope that you will have the confidence to return soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I was in a Club room. A bit expensive, but the rooms are very comfortable, with automation to control the lights, curtains, air conditioning. Quite nice, when you wake up during the night and that a gentle light switches itself up, around the bed and in the bathroom :)
The location is not the best if you come to visit the town. It's across a rail station, and the neighborhood is not very fancy. 15 to 30 minutes walk to Temple bar and the center (depending on your pace).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Hi Karim B
Thank you for your review on our Club rooms following your recent stay.
I am glad that you enjoyed the security and comfort of our new room product.
we believe our location is very good for city centre, the Financial centre and as a base for all that you would want to experience in Dublin and its surrounds.
Thank you again for writing and I do hopr that you will return soon

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We had a family room for four girls and it was great. It was very modern, extremely clean and large enough for us all to get ready, have showers etc. The hotel was quiet enough that we all slept well and if we had stayed for longer we would have tried the beautiful and modern restaurants. The concierge was lovely and helpful and we bought our 'hop-on' bus tickets from him and took his recommendation for breakfast. Very polite staff who were very professional in the face of drunk/rude hotel guests. The only downside is that some of the lights in the room are on sensors, so even when we turned over in the night, the under-cupboard lights would come on! (Only two small lights - not enough to wake us up though).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Hi M152
Thank you for staying with us here at the North Star Hotel with your 3 friends and indeed for recommending us on Trip advisor.
Its great to hear that the whole team including our conceirge looked after you so well and as importantly you enjoyed the comfort of the hotel.
I take your point on the sensor lights which had hoped would give extra comfort and security.
Again thank you for your recommendation and I am so glad you enjoyed your Dublin experience.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Myself and my mum travelled to Dublin and stayed in the North Star on Wednesday 25th April. My brother was staying in another hotel in Dublin and he wanted to meet up with us. He booked the North Star with 2 twin club rooms @ 300 euro each, the only rooms left apparently. The room was quite nice and comfortable even thought there were trains running outside it all the time. There was a complimentary minibar in the room and when looked in it, there was one packet of crisps and one small packet of biscuits, not even a bottle of water, I couldn't believe it. I know in other hotels if there is some bottles of drink in it, you may have to pay for them, but we didn't even get that option. I thought minibar meant drinks would be provided albeit soft drinks or alcoholic. I think it looked very bad for such a nice hotel and decorative surroundings that the minibar looked very inadequate. We ate downstairs in the restaurant and were served by two lovely and friendly girls Sarah and Deidre, which made our night enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Peter B, General Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Hi edm41,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor following your recent stay here at the North Star Hotel.

I can see that you enjoyed the overall experience with nice comfortable room and great dinner served by Sarah Jane and Deirdre.
I do apologise, however, for failing to live up to your expectation in respect of mini bar which normally does have the biscuits and crisps accompanied by water complimentary to our guests.

Thank you again for posting and I am glad that you had an enjoyable night.