“Fantastic!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Smithfield Tower

Lobby to Tower Blcok
Main Entrance to Block
View from Balcony
Stairs
Smithfield Square with Jameson Tower -facing Apt.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

DandDCA
Saskatoon, Canada
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 6 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Everything about our stay in this Dublin apartment was wonderful! The owner, the location, the booking and arrival, the amazing apartment and views! Pat, we had such a great time, the six of us! You went above and beyond (say hi to your son) and the apartment was perfect, meaning our holiday was perfect! We walked everywhere, caught buses easily nearby and enjoyed having our rental car in your convenient parking garage for our trips to the coast. The restaurants and grocery store were so very convenient. We loved it. Thanks for dropping off a new coffee pot so quickly after we wore out your other one!! A great stay in Dublin!

Liked best: Everything.
Liked least: Nothing.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
AnnieP7
Pasadena, California
“Fabulous Rental - Great Location”
Reviewed 8 July 2015 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

We were traveling with six adults and rented Pat's condo for a week. The condo is perfect with three bedrooms upstairs and two bathrooms and great living space and kitchen downstairs and a third bathroom. The condo is extremely clean, comfortable and very tastefully decorated. The building has a secure entrance. The condo is full stocked with everything you need and there is the convenience of a grocery store just 500 feet from front door. There are several restaurants outside the front of the condo, which were a great place just to hang out and have a beer.

We all found the location of condo great with city transportation easily accessible within a couple hundred feet of front door.

If we ever return to Dublin, I would definitely rent this condo again.

Thanks Pat for a great vacation rental.

Liked best: Location/Cleanliness/Owner
Liked least: No complaints, we had a great week.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Hoggan67
Dollar
“fabulous apartment”
Reviewed 26 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

Stayed at Pat's apartment on a weekend break with friends. First thing to mention is how helpful Pat the owner was, he explained all that we needed to know about the apartment and surrounding area. The second is the apartment it was superb very modern and stylish with lovely views towards the city centre. It's about 15 min walk to the centre.
The apartment was quiet with no or little from street or surrounding accommodation. All in all a perfect spot for a trip to Dublin for a family or group of friends. We would definitely use Pat's place again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Paulette6...
Jacksonville, FL
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 24 December 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

What a great place! This apartment is in a great location, has all the amenities and cannot be beat when visiting Dublin. It is modern, light filled, clean and very comfortable. There is a concierge if you need a taxi, the on off bus is around the corner, the grocery store is downstairs as are several restaurants. We stayed for 10 nights, taking bus day tours out of the city. I loved it so much I have booked it again when we return to Ireland next September. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting Dublin!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The size and location!
Liked least: Everything was great!
Travelling group: Friends
EliandEva...
“Once you stay at Smithfield Towers you will never stay anywhere else!”
Reviewed 20 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Smithfield Towers was a great vacation rental for myself, my husband, 70 year old mother in law, and 14 month old son. We stayed for nearly a week without complaint. The apartment is centrally located to everywhere you want to be with all the amenities you will ever need. We arrived in Dublin at not necessarily the best hour of the day (515 am) but we made due until the apartment was ready. Upon arriving at the apartment, Pat showed us around had us inspect everything to make sure it met our standards and waited to answer all our questions. He was very thorough with this. I have read through others comments and can see why he has to be.

A couple of tips for everyone, treat the property as you would your own and you will be fine. If you aren't use to traveling abroad it is an adjustment trust me but it will go smoothly I assure you. Some things there, are set on a timer and for some that may not go so well,for me, no big deal work around it. If you get cold easily, turn the heat on if you want to take a shower go ahead and turn the hot water on too. That way you don't have to worry about it running out before your entire party is done. Just little things. There is also a washer/dryer combo! I thought that was amazing! (can I have one please!) :) I couldn't find directions but there are symbols on the dials just follow the symbols and look at what they correspond with on the left and you are set to go. Also, there is a small grocery store around the corner from the apartment, why not take advantage of it and eat in a few nights. It will be great for your wallet I assure you 50 euros for lunch for 2 people was not fun lol.

Pat also has tons of brochures with a list of things to do and coupons to receive discounts on various happenings around the city. I recommend taking advantage of that.

We used the hop on hop off bus to our advantage the entire time we were there to not only explore the city but to shop, eat at restaurants, and get from north to south, east to west.

If you decided to take the DART(train) to Malahide or Howth (pronounced Hoth) get on the hop on hop off bus at Jameson Distillery (stop 21) take it to the end and walk it to the train station. it is a brisk 10 minute walk. be sure to get the return ticket.

Lets see what else can I say, Smithfield Towers offered everything we needed it was large enough to accommodate 6 adults the kitchen was spacious with enough kitchenware to cook a Thanksgiving feast.

In the mood to go to the cinema? there is one right downstairs, the pub? there is a nice neighborhood pub a 2 min walk away on what i believe is north church street (but don't quote me) sign says "live futbol" ....live music ---"oscars is right out front the food is great the music is wonderful you can't go wrong with the atmosphere, the ambience"

there is a courtyard on level 1 if you have a chance, check it out

there is an interesting park at the Jameson Distillery hop on hop off stop / LUAS stop
have a go and play like a kid

there are a few deli's and churches in the area as well that are within walking distance literally off the elevator and there within a minute.

Did I mention Jameson Distillery directly across the street. When you are eating in the dining room you get to look out from the floor to ceiling windows and look at the orange glow from its tower. Beautiful at night

We arrived on a Sunday to find the street alive and bustling with energy, live music, and people. Found out every Sunday is a food festival! Wow!

There is nothing I have to complain about I loved my experience and will be staying at Smithfield Towers every year for the rest of my days! Pat will be a part of my family as far as I'm concerned. I have already recommended this place to my family here in the states and plan on bringing as many of them as I can with me when my husband and I come next year and each year after.

We just fell in love with it and hope that others do too.

Liked best: location
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing