Lowest prices for your stay
US$165
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Trip.com
US$144
View deal
Expedia.comUS$165
PricelineUS$165
Official Site
1,703 results
All reviews ambassador hotel military hill night porter city centre lovely hotel hotel restaurant last weekend from start to finish afternoon tea scones receptionist gillian wedding radiator guinness ireland
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

I ordered take away afternoon tea via phone and then email ,as the staff requested, from the Address on Sat, for collection on Sunday. When I arrived to collect it, it took approx 15 minutes for me to receive it due to confusion over my booking time, I had requested 1300 but the hotel had me booked for 1600. When I returned home to enjoy the afternoon tea, I discovered that two of the cakes were frozen solid and therefore inedible. I contacted the hotel via email and received a reply from the front desk staff telling me a manager would be in touch with me within 24hours. Despite me emailing them again, I haven’t heard from them 5 days later.
Based on my experience I wouldn’t recommend the address for afternoon tea.

Room tip: Avoid for afternoon tea
Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 9 June 2021

I arrived at The Address on Sunday 6th with my boyfriend. We were given a room on the 3rd floor at the very back of the hotel (2 rooms though out doors).

Once in the room, I noticed that the room was very dark and old looking compared to the ones I viewed on the website when booking. Our room had lots of dark, old wood in it and was stained. The soap and shampoo/conditioner bottles were also clogged with old shampoo and soap, which made it difficult to get any out. When going to shower, I also realised that there was a yellow stain on one of my towels, however once addressed with Steph at reception, she had clean towels, gowns and slippers in the room ASAP.
The internet on the tv didn’t work, therefore Netflix, YouTube etc weren’t accessible, even though they are options on the remote.

We booked to eat in the hotel on the 2 nights we stayed. These were very different experiences. On the first night, we were booked in for 6pm. We arrived, were seated and had a menu straight away. Once ordered, our started arrived within 5 mins and our main 2/3 mins after our dinner was taken away. Once finished our main, we were told by a waiter that they needed our table and we had to leave. We were out by 7pm. However on the 2nd night, we were booked in for 7pm. We had no menu until requested at 7:40pm and didn’t receive our dinner till 8:10. My boyfriend then asked for dessert and didn’t receive this till 9:20pm. We completely understand tht it was the first week of opening and a bank holiday, however more staff were needed and if tables are needed, guests should be told before booking as we felt very rushed.

Very disappointed with the room and service for a 4 star hotel…

1  Thank OrlaithTaylor
Reviewed 8 June 2021

You can't pre pay for a room. You can't book as a gift for someone as they have to have your card in person when checking in. Don't book here as a present for anyone.

I booked the dinner package for a friend who's had a hard time. I stated the card details were different from the booking name on the website. I was more than happy to pre pay for the booking via secure credit card. Unfortunately, when my friend called she was told she had to have my card in person. I then rang and said there was no way to pre pay online. That they couldn't be sure who was paying for it?! Not sure how familiar the hotel is with usual secure payment processing and policy.

Very disappointing as a gift for a friend who is having a hard time had to be cancelled. That you have to have the card on arrival and can't book as a gift was not made clear anywhere.

1  Thank ClaireML91
Reviewed 8 June 2021

This is not a 4star hotel. Big difference between room quality. We booked last minute and were put right at the back of the hotel. There was a bad smell in the room
and the quality was very dated compared to rest of hotel. The room was poorly designed with a tv on the right wall far away from bed which meant you have to crick your neck to view . Internet was not working and couldn’t view Netflix or any other other options. No 4 star amenities such as a fridge or hairdryer that you would expect from a normal hotel. There were numerous marks to the carpet and bathroom was very dated. On contrast other rooms looked like a higher quality at other end of hotel. We stayed just as hotels reopened and was disappointing the level of service.

Asked if we could have a drink inside or outside but we’re shifted to a bar where there was no space to sit and so couldn’t have a drink. We saw inside a few hotels in town and there seemed to be a good atmosphere where people could sit and drink in a socially distanced way but here you couldn’t.

As mentioned we were right at the other end of the hotel and took a few mins to walk to the other side through a maze of corridors. We left on our door that we wanted turndown service on day 2 and this was ignored. We called to ask in the evening and someone had to come from reception with towels. I wouldn’t say this is a 4 star hotel as the amenities did not live up to expectations and the level of service was not as expected.

3  Thank Joshc91035
Reviewed 5 June 2021

We've came to stay here for two nights. 2 adults, 1 toddler and a baby. Staff have gone out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcome. Our room was upgraded to a balcony room on arrival, which our toddler loves. Friendly faces at reception, and lovely staff in the restaurant. Great food, lovely big spacious room. Would definitely come and stay here again!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Eoin Daly, General Manager at The Address Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear GabrielleTodd,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Address Cork on Trip Advisor and I hope you are keeping well.

Thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel and that we truly made your stay one to remember.

Our teams in all departments will be thrilled to hear such great feedback and I am delighted you were able to enjoy one of our Club Rooms with it's fantastic views of the city.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you again very soon but if there is anything else I can do please be sure to let me know when booking again.

Kindest Regards