“The perfect place for the perfect honeymoon”
Bedroom coffee corner Bathroom
Bathroom
Bathtub with sunset view
Open plan staircase
Boathouse from the south
Living room feature wall with stove
Living room HD TV and stove
Bedroom
Open plan living room
Wheel bench
Summer sunset
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Chocolate...
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“The perfect place for the perfect honeymoon”
Reviewed 4 October 2011 for a stay in September 2011

I booked this wonderful cottage at the beginning of the year on the strength of some earlier reviews and I'm so pleased I did. As we left all our guests returning home, we drove off the main road and through the apparent wilderness wondering what we'd find until we saw the roof, peeking out over the hill, down by the water. No words could describe it - I simply cried with joy!
We entered the house to find it cosy and warm (underfloor heating), champagne in the fridge, truffles on the bed upstairs, croissants, orange juice... I could go on. Such thoughtfulness and detail.
The kitchen was fully equipped for those nights when we stayed in. The guide of places to visit and things to do was comprehensive and Carol's suggestions for walks and drives about the peninsulas was very helpful and we took her advice on a number of these trips!
We had mixed weather while staying but there is a large downstairs toilet where you can hang up sodden clothing and room for muddy footwear.
Carol left wood for us to burn in the wood burning stove; there was internet access and also a landline - a godsend as mobile signal is a little patchy on the island to say the least!
If you want peace and quiet, a wonderful location by the water and a complete retreat to get away from it all either on your own or with a loved one; yet also a good base for exploring the island and all it's delights, you simply must stay here! It's absolutely fantastic! You will not be disappointed!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and wonderful location yet with full mod cons.
Liked least: nothing!
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Germany
Reviewed 2 October 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Your age range 25-34
Management Response
2 Oct 2011
Hello Justus and Anne - thank you so much for your review - it was good to have my first visitors from Germany. I hope you enjoyed Harris too. And thanks for mentioning the bed - it, and the mattress, are still very new, but I shall arrange for strong arms to turn the mattress soon! All best, Carol
London

people found this review helpful

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$279
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing