eDreams
FindHotel
Destinia.com
StayForLong
All reviews jacuzzi bath honeymoon suite the main hotel wedding reception cooked breakfast an overnight stay great value for money meal apron annex courses curtains scotland
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2021 via mobile

Had my wedding here on the 16th July 2021 do not recommend. Everything on the day was a shambles. Noone ever got back to you. After phoning several times. Staff rude to my guests. Dirty linen. Wrong chair covers. Wrong centrepieces. They promise loads but you get nothing. I paid for beer prosecco and canapes for after the ceremony and got nothing. Was a fight to get the canapes brought out. Eventually got the prosecco with the speeches but was told wasn't allowed beer even tho was paid for. Carpet was stained. Dancefloor dirty. Children still waiting on main meal when top table are finished dessert. My guests had to help clear the tables. Been trying to contact them for 6 weeks now and still no one got back to me

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2021

My family and I attending a wedding at the end of June.

Meal was tasty and portions generous.

The ceremony and facilities were only okay. Décor in the ceremony room was a bit tired and dated, but it seemed clean enough.

Downstairs in the reception room - the conservatory windows were extremely grubby and none of the windows were open. This is a clear breach of Covid regulations.

The manager was wandering about with his face covering under his nose. When asked to correct this, he replied that this was how he always wore it. Sorry, but that does not make it correct.

Some of the waiting staff were also not wearing face coverings correctly - a clear case of leading by bad example.

The evening music was at a ridiculous volume - again breaching Covid regulations as it is supposed to be background level so that you don't have to shout (and potentially spray) to participate in a conversation.

There was a lack of soap in the ladies toilets and no clear signage on the door stating only one person allowed at a time. There was a generic sign in a hallway around the corner from the ladies and gents, but as this is where people were standing chatting, easily missed.

These were the main issues for us. Pre-pandemic, we would have been happy with the event.

Had Covid guidelines and regulations been followed, this would have been a much more enjoyable day for all. The manager obviously did not care about following guidelines to allow him to stay open and I would not be surprised if an official complaint is made to Health and Safety regarding these breaches.

In summary, this event could have been a lot more enjoyable and less stressful for the paranoid amongst us, had guidelines been followed.

My family and I would have been regular return customers to the restaurant if guidelines had been followed. As it is, I would not return to this hotel or use the restaurant again.

Reviewed 5 July 2021

No Lights in the morning (main lights not working)
Only one bath towel for 2 people
Half used drinks left in the fridge (in Covid times particularly not acceptable)
No teabags
Toilet seat broken

Checked in at 5 pm so no excuse for the state of the room (104)

Reviewed 26 June 2021

Well the Hotel itself was not too bad the Italian Pizza restaurant was ok but the big issue is the internet? It was very weak in the main building and did not work at all in the separate building called the Priory where the better rooms are. The shame was the evening receptionist was not very helpful towards fixing the problem saying it works fine? I checked with two other people who could not get onto their laptops and the phone was cutting out after a few seconds. Telling us engineers had checked it but when asked to speak to them they had mysteriously disappeared? The bar staff told us the internet was terrible. No chance if you need to Zoom a meeting. Needs a major update and the water supply in my room was a trickle.
The young lass from Iran on reception was very helpful in the morning.

Room tip: Good for a stop off if travelling but not for Business. Quiet in the rooms loud in the Italian Restaurant.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2021

Once again the Staff at the Avonbridge have done everything in their power to make our stay as comfortable as can be. From our early arrival, to our departure, nothing was too much trouble.

Dinner in the main restaurant outstanding both times: Veal Limone and Veal Involitini Pasta and Chips. Great food served by charming and excellent staff who take pride in their rôles. All top notch indeed!

Breakfast, offered after I expressed my disappointment that there was none, was a truly personal affair - the chef came to ask for our preferences and cooked it all to order. Nothing was too much trouble; every member of staff friendly and personable.

Drinks in the beer garden, followed by food inside was again top notch. Service was quite outstanding: staff remembering drinks from the previous occasion and providing exceptional service.

For a truly authentic pizza, look no further than the Bar Milano. I’ve had many pizzas in my time, having been brought up in southern Italy, and I can honestly say, there’s none better than from here.

All this from an independent 3* hotel......what’s not to like. The owners and staff of the Avonbridge have much to teach other hoteliers about service.

The quite exceptional staff are a real asset to this property, parts of which are a little tired. You have provided a bit of an oasis again, while we dealt with some family matters. Thank you so much.

Date of stay: May 2021