1,005 results
All reviews no lift first class wedding venue lovely hotel superior room wedding reception short break would highly recommend this hotel large bathroom town centre booked this hotel stayed here for one night overnight stay haggis excellent value for money enjoyable stay return visit
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my wife have stayed at this wonderful hotel for a few years now and as always we have a great time from the moment you arrive the staff can’t do enough for you. The rooms are big and the bed is extremely comfortable,the dinner and breakfast is the best I have had in a hotel. Once again a big thanks to the wonderful staff.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a change of venue for an annual dinner attended by a sizeable group. The hotel provided their main function room, which, like the building, retains period features.
The menu was sufficiently wide ranging to cover the main food types suitable for a mixed group. We can be a fussy group, but everyone found the food to be excellent. For me, the Sea Bass was simply mouth-watering.
Service was good, and the waiting staff were cheerful and efficient.
There is adequate parking in the hotel grounds for perhaps two dozen cars, but plenty of on-street parking in adjacent streets (although I would not advise parking on Racecourse Road itself).
This is a well known wedding venue, so pre-booking would be essential for a party of any real size.
We will return to this venue, as it suited us very well indeed.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We have stayed here many times over the years. Each stay has been relaxing and most enjoyable. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming and the food excellent and very good value. The hotel is just a short stroll away from the beach. In summer the gardens are ideal to enjoy a leisurely drink. Our latest stay was a birthday gift from our children who organised our visit with front of house member of staff "the lovely Barbara". I now know that Barbara upgraded us to my favourite room 5. Sincere thanks to Barbara and all the staff for another enjoyable stay. See you again soon.

Room tip: The three executive rooms are fab with my all time favourite being room 5.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

The staff make this hotel special. They couldn't be more friendly or helpful, without exception.

There are two grades of room. We had one night in a superior before moving to a classic for 3 nights. They are chalk and cheese. The superior was really lovely and very big. If we had been in that room for our entire stay, I would have rated the stay 5*.

The classic wasn't as good. The size was adequate but the bathroom was small and it was hard to keep the room warm. It might be that it was a long thin room with a radiator at one end so my end of the room was a long way from the radiator.

I would have no hesitation in staying again - but if we do I will try to book a superior room next time.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate P
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

I enjoy staying at the Savoy park hotel, the food is perfect, the staff are very friendly and helpful and the handyman was prompt at fixing our shower when there was no cold water coming out of it

My only issue really was that the smell of chemicals or air freshener made me feel unwell and dizzy so I had to buy a small Hepa filter Fan and run it in the room so remove the smell

I don't think it was the hotels fault, I think the cleaner went overkill with the spray

Overall I am happy with my stay here and the hotel would have moved us to a another room on another floor but with my knees I can't climb many stairs and there were no other rooms available on the lower floor.

Trip type: Travelled with friends