“Great Asset to Paisley!”

Pendulum Bar and Grill
Ranked #16 of 188 Restaurants in Paisley
Reviewed 26 April 2018

I booked this restaurant for my mothers birthday dinner and would highly recommend, the food and cocktails were amazing! The only reason for the 4 stars was that the service was rather slow, understandably there was 9 people at our table but it took nearly an hour and a half to receive our mains. However, I could not fault the friendly servers as they done an amazing job.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I booked this restaurant to bring my partners grandparents and parents out to enjoy a family meal. Initially I was looking forward to it, restaurant looks lovely, the communication I had had with Collette regarding our table seemed excellent she was really helpful. However it was a major let down on the night. Now don’t get me wrong I understand mistakes happen and I wouldn’t of held this against them, but the manner in which they dealt with it was appalling. So we all placed our orders and enjoyed our wine and had a great chat with the waitress at our table ( sorry didn’t catch her name but she was lovely). My partner and I had both ordered fillet steaks. Everyone’s meals came out and it was just ours left to be served. Mine was placed down looked delightful my partners however was clearly a sirloin steak. This waitress who was possibly front of house in a purple dress, quite a young blonde girl said as she placed the meal here’s your sirloin steak sir. After telling her that we didn’t order that she said we had and then after a minute of her looking confused went to the kitchen. She came back and then this is the part that really annoyed me rather than apologise she preceded to lie and say that in fact this steak was now magically a fillet after she had introduced it as a sirloin. It quite clearly was a sirloin it was sitting next to my fillet. Had she simply apologised and rectified the situation there would of been no problem. However to then lie and make out we were stupid and would sit there and pay an extra however much for a sirloin was disgraceful. The lovely waitress who had been serving us came over lent over this girl who had still left the sirloin on the table and said no that’s not right as she said to her ‘“ I wrote two fillets” And it was only then she took it away. we thought it would be fixed and we could continue our meal however I don’t know why but it then took them over 20 mins to bring out my partners steak (which at medium rare is daft they were clearly in no rush to fix it) and by this point we had all finished our meals. My partner didn’t really at this point want to eat by himself and asked for a doggy bag. To be honest considering the price of the restaurant and how much we payed even with the steak and one cocktail being taken off the bill to apologise i expected a lot more. It ruined our evening and unfortunately doesn’t make us want to go back. Sad as we live across the road and it seems a lovely restaurant. I want to be fair and say what we did eat was lovely but to insinuate that your customer is too stupid to not realise a sirloins on your plate not a fillet has put us off. I think a little customer service training is needed.

1  Thank kateymac15
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

There was a bit of chaos in Paisley, an RTA led to a temporary grid lock, ergo should we stick or twist...... I opted for dumping the car and heading for Pendulum.

So we did, we were met by a maitre d’ or at least that is what I am assuming her role is. She showed us to a table, but not by the window as they were booked, I guess this is a good sign.

There were three waitresses on show and the one who mostly dealt with us was polite and helpful and had some humour, so top marks there.

Now, to the food. There is a set menu with five or six choices for starters and mains. Being canny we chose one starter, a filo pastry stuffed with haggis and it was pretty nice, the haggis was not spicy enough though, however the gravy that accompanied, ever so delish. Plus points.

Mrs had fish n chips, looked great coming out, as she is very expressive she said not much bar noshing away. So I am guessing that it was good enough. I opted for coq au vin. Three pieces of chicken, on the bone, smothered in the wine sauce, mushrooms etc and sat on top of mash and with plenty of veg. On a pretty cold day this warmed me up, moreover it was delish. Very tasty, moorish and the chicken was lovely, I could have had a wee cup of the sauce on the side too. However there were a few chips procured from the wife’s plate, which mopped up remnants. A sticky toffee pude between us polished off a really nice meal.

It is a ten spot for the two course. I guess that is about right.

My wife was unsure about the decor and surroundings, me either, but it will not put me off trying it again....

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely surroundings and atmosphere. The food is delicious and wine recommendations by the amazing wine waiter, Jamie, made our vist really special. Would definitely recommend Pendulum for great food, wine, cocktails and friendly and knowledgeable service.

1  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Popped into this bar and grill on a cold Easter Saturday. What a welcome from the bar staff who were very polite and friendly. Wide selection of cocktails,drinks and coffee. Bar staff offer table service the cocktails were lovely and reasonably priced. Although we did not have time to eat in the restaurant it was busy and the menu looked interesting. Will give it a try the next time we visit. Lovely place for a well served drink by excellent staff in very comfortable surroundings.