1,783 results
All reviews crerar hotel spa treatments sauna and steam room leisure centre family room a bit tired both nights restaurant staff bed and breakfast night break food was lovely short break both mornings great weekend the main street high street relaxing break
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely one night stay here with group of friends. Hotel is in great location in centre of town, just a few minutes walk from train station. Although hotel is tired in places the rooms were comfortable. The Managers special deal included breakfast and a six course taster dinner - and the food was excellent. We also had a bottle of wine and chocolates in our room, a nice touch. Some of the group used the pool and said it was great. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. Would stay again if we can get another deal.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
GMScotlands, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip advisor. I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

Have stayed at another Crerar hotel - Thanestone House which was excellent. This hotel is not in the same league Particularly for food, the taster menu was poor. Staff working hard and really nice I think the owner should spend a weekend here.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
GMScotlands, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Scotland's. I am sorry to read that you never enjoyed your food during your stay. We take great pride in the food we serve and I am sure that if you did not like the menu then we could of offered a suitable alternative. I am pleased that you thought the staff were nice and hard working.

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

My husband and I visited on Friday 16 th January ,for a two day spa break.nice hotel,a bit tired,but due for an upgrade I believe.we were given an upgrade to a family room,very big,with a double and single bed.food in the restaurant was first class,and I'm a very fussy eater.great staff in all areas,I think this is so important.from reception,spa,and all areas,met with a smile,and lots of helpful advice.had a great sleep,the bed was so comfy,a first for me away from home.highly recommend this hotel,hope to visit again soon

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Scotland's Hotel. Thank you for your nice comments and it is pleasing to read how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you returning in the near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2016

just got back on27th December after a 4night stay just had to review this can only say what wonderfull time we had good food,staff could not do enough for us we paid extra to upgrade our room,what a good move it turned out to be,room was warm large and comfy big bathroom also fruit everyday in room,large tv and dvd player we were at the front of hotel, with great view of the mountains a big thanks to all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable ps really enjoyed the spa and pool too, we would definitely go back

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
GMScotlands, General Manager at Scotland's Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your Christmas break here at Scotland's.
I am really pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I am pleased that you enjoyed your upgraded room.
Hopefully you will re book for next Christmas and we can give you more of the same.

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with colleagues in December on business presentations, we had a meeting in the room on first floor lunch and refreshments all on time and tasty. We stayed overnight as two day event, I had a room with large sofa and two windows, so lots of natural light, there are areas which need tlc, however staff and food excellent. We ate in McNabs and I had the burger which was huge and very tasty. I would recommend this hotel as a good three star.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for posting a review on your recent experience here at Scotland's. I am pleased that your meeting went well and I am pleased to see how much you enjoyed the burger. We get a lot of good comments about the burgers.