“Gem of a holiday”
other travellers have booked this property
Looking up at the lodges from the south. The living area with kitchen behind.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Looking up at the lodges from the south.
The living area with kitchen behind.
The other side of the living area.
The lodges with the Moray Firth behind.
Balcony visited by red squirrels.
Double bedroom.
Red squirrel on balcony.
Help collect the eggs?
Sleeping twins.
Mother and daughter.
Hiddenglen loch in autumn.
This guy visits the balcony.
Never closed!
Nairn beach.
Urquhart Castle and Loch Ness
Cawdor Castle Highland cow.
Nairn harbour.
Culbin beach.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Graeme C
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Gem of a holiday”
Reviewed 25 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

Second time here & it won't be the last as I find it so relaxing & peaceful there. Don't get me wrong this place would be great for numerous people with or without children. Only a 5 minute drive to Nairn & less than 30 minutes to Inverness for some Nessie watching lol you can eat out if you wish or just self cater. The Lodge is well equipped including a washing machine & tumble dryer. I still think the eggs are a great touch on arrival & there is a selection of books & dvds if you want to stay in. I love the view out over the balcony & there is a sand pit & slide(I still want to try it) for the kids if the weather is dry. If you are coming from the south I would suggest coming through the mountains instead of the main road as the scenery is awesome.

Roz G
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect family getaway”
Reviewed 17 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed in the "Pisces" caravan for a week with our four-year-old and nine-month old. We had a wonderful time and definitely intend to stay again.

The site is absolutely beautiful. Small lochs, birch woodland, stunning views, peace and quiet. There were many thoughtful touches for our daughter in the caravan (a teddy bear on the bunk-bed, books, board games). There's a trampoline, and an enormous slide built into the side of the hill. The layout of the grounds affords older children quite a lot of freedom to run about and ride their bikes in safety. Therese took our four-year-old to collect the eggs from the hen house one morning and our daughter has not stopped talking about it since - definitely a highlight!

Therese made several excellent recommendations of things to do locally, which added enormously to our enjoyment of the week.

Within a half hour's drive there are stunning coastal walks, beautiful beaches, rivers, waterfalls and woodland. In the summer months I think even more attractions are open (we went in April and Cawdor Castle, for example, was shut until May). Nairn itself is just ten minutes away by car where there's a large supermarket for all supplies.

This area of Scotland is magical and Laikenbuie is a beautiful and peaceful place from which to explore it.

Your age range 25-34
claireste...
Haverhill, United Kingdom
“Hiddenglen”
Reviewed 2 April 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We spent Feb half term here with our 4 children. Hiddenglen was a great base for us to explore the highlands of Scotland. We all had a wonderful time and would def recommend. Clean and well equipped with everything you could need for your stay. Great location, children loved sledging at the Cairngorms (little tip.... put your car keys somewhere safe!!)

3 Apr 2017
Thanks Claire. We are sorry about all the hassle you had with your locked car and hope your next holiday is less dramatic! Thanks for staying.
817lynn
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 27 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

My Partner & I are just back from a blissful week's stay at the Kestrel Lodge. The accommodation was superb, it had everything we could have wanted. It was lovely to rise in the morning and be greeted by the many Birds who visited us for their daily feed of Nuts !!!! Therese & Peter were wonderful hosts and made us feel very welcome. The weather was on our side and we managed many walks along the Beaches, Rivers and Forests. Oh how I am missing the tranquil peaceful nights on the Balcony with a nice glass of wine after a wonderful day. Thank you both very much for a wonderful stay.

28 Mar 2017
Thank you for coming and leaving the lodge so clean, and the way you sorted the recycling made our job much easier.
markmanle...
North Shields, United Kingdom
“Very family friendly - Very well thought out”
Reviewed 28 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

It's a short drive south of Nairn and located up a short private track. We stayed in the 6 bedroom lodge and were pleased to find lots of small touches such as books, games. DVDs, CDs, stereo, wifi, walking maps and bird feeder with plenty of nuts (ah the woodpecker) plus more. Enough to keep the 8-years old children and us entertained. One of us forgot wellies but low and behold the owners have spares in every size - nice touch.
The owners were lovely and conscientious of providing a sustainable stay with proper recycling and composting facilities. Electricity was extra and I suspect I know the reason why. You pay (at cost price) for the electric you use and so you're encouraged to think about it's use. For me that's sensible the bill at the end of the week was reasonable.
Its not often that I'd stay at the same place twice but I really would here. I look forward to it.

4 Mar 2017
Many thanks Mark, it was a delight to have you stay. Your enthusiasm for Hiddenglen is appreciated, but I think I should point out that there are only 3 bedrooms in the lodge. Yes the fresh air and beautiful view can double your perception!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing