“Off the beaten track”

James Pringle Weavers
Ranked #28 of 31 Shopping in Inverness
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Part factory tour, part outlet: find out how some of Scotland's finest woollen wares are made, then buy what you like.
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Not sure what to make of this little place. Usual fayre of clothes, odds and ends, and ! model trains ! So and interesting mix.

But it's out of the way, so I'm guessing it's more for coach trips and the locals that live in the area.

However, a pleasant visit.

All reviews
"bargains"
"cashmere"
"coach"
"gifts"
"kilts"
"books"

Reviewed 21 June 2016

I picked up a scone and ordered tea and then asked for butter for my scone - NO BUTTER !!! A restaurant with no butter!!!

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Normally we like visiting this place, and I always make my family come here when we're in Inverness. For this reason I give 2 stars. Based on today's visit alone? It would be getting one at most!
After some browsing In the retail section, we went to the restaurant for lunch. This was one of the worst dining experiences I've had In a long time. A bus tour had turned up, which is unsurprising as this place is on the bus tour trail and caters for these groups. So why were the staff so terribly overwhelmed? We stood and waited at the hot food counter for 20 minutes. By the time the harassed staff asked us what we would like, they had run out of our choice. That alone is tolerable, but the stressed chef snapping at us was less so.
We ordered, were charge for 1/2 teaspoon sachets of sauce, then waited another 20 minutes for our food to be served at our table. My sister waited 30 minutes! 40 - 50 minutes for food counter service is just poor.
I did feel sorry for the harassed staff, but I do expect better. And could not understand why they were so harassed with just one bus group in a place that caters for bus tours?
I also agree with previous comments - this is not a disabled friendly place. (I was with my elderly father). I also agree, the toilets are disgusting. Only choice of toilet in this complex are a block of loos outside that are high volume used by bus tours, and just plain nasty.
I will return, because I have liked it in the past, and will give it another chance. But I do so hope it is better next time.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

We regularly visit here, but todays trip was not very succesful, quality have really drop on clothing, shoes and hardly any tartan items. Such a pity and will not return again.

Date of experience: May 2016