“Halal food in Inverness”

Sams Indian Cuisine
Ranked #47 of 277 Restaurants in Inverness
Price range: US$14 - US$69
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Description: Welcome to Sams Indian Cuisine , the home of mouthwatering authentic Indian and Bangladeshi food with a highland touch. Sam’s Indian Cuisine - Bringing The Taste To You
Reviewed 7 September 2021 via mobile

Halal food in Inverness! A very good place to dine not too busy and very tasty food. Very good portions. Traditional and authentic food served just the way it should be. Good spice, temperature and taste. Highly recommended. A little expensive but great food

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (878)

Reviewed 2 September 2021

I've eaten curries all over the world and I have to say this is up there with the best. We were warmly welcomed by, we found out, Sam's son, who was proud of the restaurant and being a part of it. The menu is varied and thankfully not that big so easy to navigate to find our tastes. It all sounded very delicious so we both decided to stray away from our usual Indian dishes and we weren't disappointed. The tastes of the two very different dishes were very well cooked. Some Indian restaurants use the same base for all their dishes but this restaurant clearly doesn't as the taste was very individual for each dish. Sam came over at the end of the meal and asked how it was. He was very proud of the food and his staff for the service they provided. My other half asked whether they did a version of Glasgow red sauce for the pakoras and he was stunned that we hadn't received it and rushed off immediately to get some for us to try (much to my Glaswegian husband's shock tasted so much better than the usual Glasgow red sauce!). Even in this usual simple sauce, they had made the flavour complex and it tasted so fresh that all the spices popped out. I couldn't recommend this restaurant enough.

1  Thank extrastrongmintiness
Reviewed 27 August 2021 via mobile

First off food was fantastic starters and mains enough said, staff were excellent but my main issue is that the portion sizes are a bit small Nann bread particular, out of my many Indian eating experiences iv never had to order a rice and curry sauce separately when ordering a chicken tikka sizzler plus iv never walked away from an Indian restaurant still hungry,for the price I paid I feel slightly dissatisfied.

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

Wow, the food was absolutely amazing... I had lamb garlic chilli with sweet nan, starter was chicken pakora very crispy and delicious too...service was also amazing.... food presentation top notch...the great thing was I just popped in for their lunch 2 course deal 11.95 (it is 12pm to 4pm) and son had chicken nugget and chips 5.95..the chips was crispy and delicious I tasted it as well so I can give a honest review ...seriously this is quality food... today is my last day in Inverness and I just found this excellent cuisine., how I wish I found it sooner..would have definitely returned for another meal. I would definitely recommend a 1001 times...you won't be disappointed. Please see my bowl once I finished all the food... if I had enough room for more food I would have even tried the rice as well...but am so full..

Lastly, the sitting area is clean as well.

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Went here after a long day on the motorcycle heading up to Inverness. Fantastic service and ice cold pints of kingfisher. Food was very good, I would recommend the Achari!
We enjoyed it so much that we went back three days later upon our return to Inverness after doing the 500.