“Great wee place when you get inside !”

Chippy Doon The Lane
Reserve with OpenTable
Chippy Doon The Lane is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #477 of 2,592 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was a bit put off by the dingy wee alley and nondescript entrance, and the theme continues with the interior......however, Once the waitress arrives (lovely Jodie in our case) things improve and your fish arrives.
Faultless lemon sole in my case , in batter ,with a large wine.
I cannot fault the quality, price, value and would return in a mo for the best fish supper for a long long while.
Big thanks to Jodie and team. Service with a smile. Great wee place.

Service 10/10
Food 10/10
Value 10/10

(Settings below not working)

1  Thank Gordonlovesfood

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very basic surroundings with great fish and chips and reasonably priced. Don’t let the entrance put you off. Good deals on offer too. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Good for kids.
Take a sweater as it was pretty cold.
Would recommend

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very disappointing. Not a good experience. The alleged squid starter was unrecognisable & the prawn cocktail wasn’t fresh and the haddock lacked any discernible flavour. The batter was good as were the chips but that’s faint praise. Not really impressed by most of the staff either. We got the impression they knew the food was not good and lacked enthusiasm. Oh and the house white wine - words fail me. Go elsewhere.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Bought a itison voucher for the Chippy Doon the Lane since my Sister often raved about it. Was very disappointed in my experience or maybe visited a different 1 from her or got an off day with the Chippy Doon the Lane, don’t fancy going back anytime soon. I know it was a deal and cheaper than what we normally would have paid but I don’t think getting fusty bread was on the menu along with the fish. When I told the waitress, she was apologetic and took it away, I eventually got a replacement after she asked me if I wanted 1!. The fish was lovely and the chips OK, hubby loved them so that’s a positive. The biggest shock apart from the fusty bread was the price we were charged for a can of coke and a tea, £2.50 for a coke and £2.15 for a small pot of tea, come on this is ridiculous you buy in bulk so your making more than doubling your monies worth. I mean you can get 24 from Iceland for £7! I mean really. Don’t do deals if you want to overcharge for soft drinks and teas just to make up for it! Seriously.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked here as part of a Groupon deal Fri 20/04. Have eaten here before and how this place has slipped. Waitress unfriendly and unhelpful, asked to move from table next to exit for toilets.However told they were all booked, even though the place had a dozen diners.We happened to mention we’d booked also, alas to no avail. Food lukewarm and unappetising. My wife asked for tea for both of us and also a pot of hot water,as the teapot is tiny. We were blanked again. Couldn’t wait to get out. Not before being stung for almost a fiver for teas. How this mighty has fallen.Give this place a miss and eat elswhere.