US$146
US$143
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$186/night.

US$270
US$125
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$137
US$131
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$301
US$226
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$261/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$103
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$142
US$115
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

US$158
US$141
Priceline
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

Fraser Suites Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$103
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$163/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$192
US$173
Travelocity
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$207/night.

Albion Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$76
Priceline
All reviewsoran morgreat western roadbyres roadcontinental breakfastwest endbotanic gardenstop floorglasgow universitylovely comfy bedgreat locationshower roombusy roadno liftlovely hotelwould stay againstreet parkingwithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Bed was hard when I got into it.
And no complimentary water for the rooms when I asked my answer was drink the tap water! Hotel rooms standard but paid good money been on a lot better for the price

One person travelling and I will never come here again no breakfast and terrible service which might have been excused by the rooms of they hadn’t have been so rude

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Suzanne H, General Manager at The Alfred, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory stay with us. This does not live up to the standard of service we aim to provide.

We do not provide bottled in the rooms as like you were told the tap water is drinkable therefore we have not found this to be a necessity for guests when visiting, there is also a local shop just below the hotel which is open 24 hours where water and other supplies can be bought. However I apologise if you felt the manner in which this was relayed to you was rude. I will look into this and speak to the member of staff in question as this is not the type of behaviour in which The Alfred Hotel condones.

We serve a continental breakfast from 7.30-9.30am, which over the weekend usually runs a little later as we know guests may like a lie in. This information is in the hotel brochure which is in each room but also this information s given on check in.

We take all comments seriously and use them in order to improve our service and the overall guest experience. We hope you enjoyed your time in Glasgow and what this great city has to offer.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Wow. The hotel is stunning. It's definitely not accessible, so if you're disabled it's no good. However, the staff and hotel were amazing for the money. We had a double room and we asked for a pull out bed for myself. The staff were very quick to help and it was all ready for us when we arrived. Clean, spacious and lovely decor. Breakfast was fine. Continental was more than enough for us and the croissants were still warm! Everything was very fresh. The only reason I'm giving this hotel 4 stars is because their shower cubicle was TINY. Granted, I'm not the skinniest of people, but that should not matter. The shower should cater for people of all size. That's the only criticism I have! Other than that, the stay was amazing and I could not fault the staff who were extremely helpful. We were coming back from Ed Sheeran and couldn't get hold a taxi company, so we phoned the hotel whose night staff was more than happy to phone for one for us! It's an old building and they have some brilliantly interesting decorations!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Francesca C
Reviewed 18 May 2018

I stayed in the single room on the first floor for just one night, and I think it's a great value for the location. I give it only a "Very Good" rating because my room was right at the top of the stairs above reception and I could hear everything said from there and the entry, but luckily it wasn't busy and it was quiet at night, and earplugs helped. The continental breakfast was fine. The house is beautiful and the decor is quaint. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The single room on the first floor has an en suite bathroom, unlike the single room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ttg172
Suzanne H, Manager at The Alfred, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you for your comments! I have noted the issue of noise carrying from the reception area to your room and will look into a way that this can be managed in the future in order to reduce any inconvenience this causes. We take all comments on board as it helps us to improve and provide the best experience possible for our guests. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you had a great time in Glasgow.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Pros:
Location. 'The West end is the best end'. Minutes walk from cinema, botanic garden, excellent italian cafés, Waitrose (nice supermarket), Waterstones (nice bookshop), vintage clothes- and book shops and quirky lanes.
Price.
Staff: Friendly (if young and a tad disinterested).
Cleanliness was OK.
The actual house has a fun and slightly grotesque mock-vintage interior design.

Cons:
Access is akward if you are in any way impaired or unfit (or a small child). Plenty of wonky stairs to climb both externaly and inside the eclectic hotel. No lift.
My single room (no 10) was tiny and stuffy and my sink/bath/wc was on another floor - very uncomfortable, and had I read the description more carefully I wouldn't have booked it.
TV signal/server didn't work for 80% of the time. Reception checked after my complaint, but said it 'was the same in every room' and 'just watch BBC iPlayer instead'. Would have loved to - if that would have worked.
I was charged twice and I knew I was, but the receptionist insisted. A day later management (?) contacted me and offered a refund after they noticed.
Continental breakfast was lacklustre.
Soundproofing is poor, door had big gaps and was right next to busy staircase.

Room Tip: Avoid single room 10 as it doesn't have on suite toilet, wash basin/sink or shower.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Suzanne H, Manager at The Alfred, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Thank you for your comments.

It was myself you were contacted by once I had realised you had been charged twice. As I explained on the phone because you booked and paid through a channel and not directly with the hotel this is where the issue arose as the payment does not come directly up on our system. I have raised this issue with the channel to reduce the risk of this happening in the future and I believe you have received your refund.

Unfortunately due to the style of the tenement building and the location, the accessibility of the property is limited. Due to this we have made it visible on our website in order to give guests as much information about the property as possible before booking and arrival as we know this can be a problem for some guests.

In regards to the issues of your room and the private bathroom this is detailed on all the channels the room is advertised on. The bathroom is located on the next level up however it is only used by the guests allocated to room 10 and it can be locked from the outside to ensure security, safety and privacy for any guest in that room. I will look into how this is described on the channels we advertise rooms in order to make this clearer for future guests booking with us.

The issues you experienced with the TV is not the case in all the rooms and I will have maintenance look at the aerial and cables to see what the issue is, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

We take all comments seriously and use them to improve on the experience we can offer guests and the service we can provide, as this is something we like to pride ourselves on at The Alfred Hotel. It is a shame that these issues were not raised to me directly when I spoke to you as some of the issues could have been solved earlier. We hope you enjoyed you trip to Glasgow and everything this great city has to offer.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

This is my second visit to the Alfred Hotel.
We stayed in room 3 and can honestly say that it is a lovely big room with fabulous views looking on to the beautiful west end buildings along Great Western Road. The hotel itself has a unique feel about it and staff working there are very friendly and welcoming. We had a great sleep and were not disturbed by any noise. The next morning a continental breakfast was served in a bright quirky dining room with a relaxed atmosphere. Check in is around 3pm but if your room is ready you might be able to check in sooner - check with hotel prior. Check out is 11am and luggage can be left with reception. The hotel is within walking distance from the shops along Byres Road and also in distance of the Botanic Gardens and Glasgow University. There is no parking unfortunately however the hotel is on a bus route which will take you into Glasgow City centre or alternatively you can use the nearby subways - Hillhead and Kelvinbridge which are also in walking distance

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.