1,459 results
All reviews no window complimentary cheese and wine george square bacon roll sky tv frosted glass windowless room cheese buffet every evening rooms are small without windows short stay wet room queen st station free wifi central location toilet and shower
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a night before flying out from Glasgow. Wine and cheese was a lovely touch. We stayed in a pod room (no windows). It was great! Quiet,comfy bed and strong shower. Good toiletries and tea/coffee in the room. Lovely staff and great service. Excellent value and the room had good air conditioning and a skylight so not stuffy. Definitely staying again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Donald C, Manager at The Z Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Hello sjcheeseman,

I really agree and could not have put it better myself, wine and cheese will always please! I am so thrilled that you will be coming back to see us again and we cant wait to welcome you back again for that special time of the evening.

Thanks again for such kind words

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed here as a single female. Room was windowless as booked ( much cheaper) but as I was literally just there to sleep it didn't make much difference.
Bed was large and extremely comfortable , squishy pillows and a soft snuggly duvet.
Adjoining en suite was modern and pratical with a fabulous shower, fluffy towels and Italian soap and shows gel.
Other room facilities included tea and coffee, a hairdryer, bottled water and a wall mounted TV with Sky.
The buffet breakfast (pre booked £7.50) was delicious and plentiful with scrambled eggs and hot bacon rolls, croissants,pancakes,bagels and crumpets, cheese,meat,eggs and various cereals,yogurt,granola and fruit.
It's fair to say you won't go hungry!
To sum up it really was fabulous I had no qualms about staying there on my own, I felt safe, comfortable and welcomed by the friendly and efficient staff and would not hesitate to go back.
Excellent value for money in a funky up beat urban setting!
Cool Swish Contemporary.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Stuartjp26,

Wow what an amazing review! From our modern concept to our super firnedly team it really seems that so much was to your liking. I am so thrilled that you would come back and see us again as we cant wait to welcome you back.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

As a solo female traveller I felt safe here. Love the nice touch of wine and cheese in the evening. Staff very accommodating. Great location when coming from the airport. Only complaint was that the bedding didn’t appear to have been washed.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank CMJFab

Hi CMJFab,

I am so pleased that you found us to be so safe and friendly, I agree these are very important aspects for any traveller. I am so sorry that your linen was not clean, this is really disappointing and I will have this investigated urgently as this is not the standard of Z Glasgow.

Thanks again

Reviewed 17 October 2018

I've been to Tokyo in rooms that I could barely stand in, and this room was even smaller! Why 5 stars though? It was affordable, near parking, the room was very nice. There was free wine and cheese at times, and we met lots of nice people! Who cares if the room is small and the bed is right next to the shower.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Aleksander T,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your Z Glasgow experience. I really feel that you love and really understand our concept which includes our compact concept. I am thrilled you were able to enjoy our scrummy cheese and wine and even met some nice people along the way!

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Wife and I stayed while going to see Dave Gorman - we could have got a taxi home, but made a night of it.

We paid £80 for the Queen Room with Window - nothing really wrong with the room, bit small but I knew they would be small, didn't think it was that small in reality though - not sure I'd pay that again when I booked 6 months in advance and could have gotten a bigger room at the Premier Inn or likewise. It was clean, and pretty quiet - so that's a bonus.

10 minute wait for the room to be ready at check-in - surely if you know rooms are to be booked they are ready to check-in time - found that a bit of a poor start - normally a drink would be offered at this point - small gripe. Check out was quick and easy enough.

We were out so couldn't take advantage of the complimentary wine or cheese

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Andy R,

I am so pleased that you found the room to be so quiet and clean as we do strive for such high standards of cleanliness. We do offer compact rooms across all of our room types but this is clearly advertised when you book with us. I am sorry that the room was not ready when you came to check into the hotel. I will investigate this as this is not the service we aim to provide for our guests and at the least you should have been offered a complimentary drink. I really hope we can welcome you back with us and can manage to enjoy our special cheese and wine!

Thanks