All reviewstribute nightsteak piefunction suitefull scottish breakfastgreat nightbit datedlast minute bookingvery pleasant stayfamily roomrail stationhotel staffvisiting glasgowan overnight staycooked breakfastgiffnocklorrainebungalow
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Stayed for one night on a visit to friends. Friendly welcome and the room was comfortable. Some effort has been made to improve the place. We stayed at this hotel a few years ago and it Was very tired looking . Good to see some improvements made. Breakfast menu was huge but my pancake was over cooked. It was still edible.
Suggestion of another improvement would be to put some towel rails in the bathroom for wet towels. A hook behind the door is not satisfactory enough to hang 2 towels( for a couple staying.)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Lesley S, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your kind review on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you appreciated the friendly welcome and found your accommodation comfortable. There has been a light refurbishment through out the hotel but we are due for a full refurbishment in the future.

You comments on breakfast have been taken on board and some corrective training has taken place so hopefully when you next visit, and we would love to welcome you back, you will be able to enjoy light fluffy pancakes.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here the night of our wedding nearby. Bed was comfy, room was clean and exactly what we wanted.
Staff couldn't have been more helpful and lovely to us.
The breakfast was to die for!! Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Eggs - highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Lesley S, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Claire F

Thank you for posting your kind review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff lovely and helpful and the room comfortable and clean.

Please be assured that we would love to welcome you back anytime to enjoy our hospitality and of course our scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.

We would also like to wish you every success in this your new life together.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

New menu was advertised in local newspaper last week.
So went for lunch there on Friday to try out this new menu.
There were 9 dishes advertised on menu.
But there was no rack of ribs, when requested.
So we all chose Southern fried chicken, which was tough to cut and chewy to eat.
Won't be back! Well, would you?

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
lesleysmith2017, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the shortcomings in standards of food quality that you encountered during your visit with us. Please be assured that this is not the usual standard that we strive to achieve.

Should you wish to discuss your visit to our restaurant with myself. please do not hesitate to contact the hotel on 0141 638 6465.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

My stay at the Redhurst hotel was nothing short of nightmarish! Overpriced food and drink, people in the room next door shouting and screaming on until well after midnight and the most uncomfortable single beds (the room was meant to be a double). Never again!

Room Tip: Take earplugs!
Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lesley S, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am greatly saddened to find out about your stay with us. This is not our usual standard and would like to take this opportunity to apologise.

I would appreciate it if you contacted the hotel directly so that we could discuss this in greater detail.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Look, before my company sent me to Giffnock, I'd never heard of Giffnock. Sorry Giffnockians.
When you arrive outside The Redhurst Hotel, my first impression was that it looked a little tired. A low rise throwback to the sixties or seventies. But then you go in. The reception area is small but very pleasant and the desk staff that met me and my colleagues very friendly.
I was lucky enough to be upgraded to an executive room, The Giffnock Suite, so I can't vouch for the standard rooms. The suite, however, was very nice indeed. Large double bed, lounge area and a great modern bathroom. I met the cleaners as I was going in and they seemed to have genuine pride in their work and the room itself. One of them showed me, with particular excitement, the massive rain shower head the size of a dustbin lid. The room is situated to the rear of the hotel away from the road so benefitted from the lack of any traffic noise.
The bar/pub attached to the hotel was also very attractive with friendly staff.
This place is just... right. If I were going to the area on business again I would most certainly check in and pay for the upgrade.

Room Tip: Giffnock Suite is great for single occupancy or couple. Room for a travel cot if necessary.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lesley S, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Hart33

Thank you for your recent review and kind comments.

It gives me great pleasure to hear that the my team were genuinely attentive, friendly and efficient

I am lucky enough to have a dynamic and enthusiastic team who enjoy their work and are always willing to go the extra mile in customer service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Redhurst Hotel