4,617 results
All reviews jamaica street central station city centre executive room reception staff would stay again business trip lovely hotel excellent stay car park one night stay noise leah railway clyde wetherspoons concert
Reviewed 4 April 2016

We stayed at the this hotel for one night. On arrival the lobby reception looks lovely, was very busy due to a lot of noisey football fans staying. we paid over £100 for an executive room. If what we got was an executive room I would hate to see the normal rooms. The room was small and tired looking. Bathroom smallest I've ever been in a hotel. We have stayed in a few hotels in Glasgow. The bathroom smelled of stale smoke so I'm guessing the previous guest had been smoking in there, not nice when neither my partner or I are smokers. There was cold air blowing through from bathroom. The room was cold when we arrived. Probably trying to clear the smoke with the air con on full blast You get what you pay for but the rooms are no more different to that of budget hotels. We won't stay here again. Wasted our money. The plus for this hotel as the beds are comfy.

Room tip: Don't get an excutive room. Not worth it
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

This is my first stay in Glasgow and JURY'S was a great choice. If doesn't have is own parking but has a very good deal worth local multi storey car Park. Upon arrival the staff are very attentive and show interest in your needs. My room was clean and cared for. My room overlooked the main train station which I appreciated as an interesting view. I wasn't bothered by the noise of the trains as I am a deep sleeper but others my need to have Main street facing room. The windows are triple glazed. The hotel was clean, apart from a scruffy main entrance which I put down to the main street frontage. I only had breakfast so can't comment on other food but breaky was awesome with food for everybody. Again, staff here had a smile for everybody. Would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Your first problem with the Jurys Inn, Glasgow is finding how to get to it. Driving a rental car from Glasgow airport we spent 20 minutes driving round the congested/one way/no left turn/no right turn streets trying to get to the entrance of the hotel. Eventually, we drove via a seedy bus terminus street under the railway and turned left into Jamaica Street.

Our next problem was that there was no vehicle entrance and double yellow lines on the street outside the hotel. Leaving my family outside in the car I ventured in to Reception and had my first encounter with the unsympathetic staff that were to be a feature at this hotel. Guest Parking for this hotel is a nightmare, and the staff could not tell me how to access it, no matter how many times I asked. They simply waved vaguely in one direction but confirmed that the parking deck was in the other direction. A female "manager" was the surliest of them all. I was left with no option but to continue driving around the local roads and, after 30 minutes of trial and error found the parking deck. Please note that Jurys Inn guests have to pay for their parking - there is no exemption.

The area around the hotel was seedy, bordered at the back by the rail lines to Central Station and at the front by the one way only Jamaica Street. Jamaica Street is the main bus and vehicle traffic route south from the city center, and the noise from trains and the squealing bus brakes ensured that we had very little sleep.

On Jamaica St across from the hotel was what I can only describe as some kind of hostel with windows overlooking the Jurys Inn. Our first room overlooked this place and the view of rooms crammed with bunk beds and naked or semi naked patrons. After complaining we were allocated rooms overlooking the railway lines - which on balance were an improvement. The two rooms were small but clean and tidy.

The ground floor of the hotel has a restaurant and a bar, both of which are open to the public. The street outside is full of bus stops, but is otherwise soulless. It is not a friendly place at any time, but positively threatening at night. There are no staff on duty at the hotel entrance and thus no security. The first staff member you meet is behind the desk at reception. If you walk back from having a meal in the city center you will walk past the floor show of drunks of both sexes and all ages. Corner of Argyll Street and Jamaica Street was the worst.

I saw a coach load of foreign tourists unloading at the front of the hotel late one night, and actually felt sorry for them that they had unwittingly been booked into this hotel. Like us, they looked weary from long flights etc.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone - ever.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 120jack67
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

This hotel is located just a few minutes walk from Central Station and many bars, restaurants and shops. It is also just 10 mins walk from Queen Street Station. Check in was welcoming and professional and my room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fresh and included a good choice.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2016

Stayed here for a concert I went to in Glasgow

Amazing!
City centre, short walk from high Street
Low noise, and amazing bed. Had such a good sleep and didn't have to check out until 12!

Would recommend highly!